Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

How To Remove Headlight Assembly?

Best Answer yeedk , 10 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

I figured it out. I had to loosen and lift the black cowling. Still a tight fit and assembly got scratched in one spot.

Go to the full post

3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yeedk

yeedk

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationRichmond Hill
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

My driver side front side marker stopped working and I wanted to replace the bulb. However, I can't seem to get the headlight assembly out. I removed the 2 screws and pulled it forward about an inch, but it is still stuck. Any ideas on how to get it out?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   yeedk

yeedk

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationRichmond Hill
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:52 PM   Best Answer

I figured it out. I had to loosen and lift the black cowling. Still a tight fit and assembly got scratched in one spot.

Edited by yeedk, 11 November 2017 - 09:40 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   JnTX

JnTX

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:25 AM

Ford doesn't give enough details for removing the headlight assemblies. 

Step 1:  Turn off the lights.  OK

Step 2:  Remove two screws.  OK

Step 3:  Pull the assembly forward to disengage.

They neglect to tell you that there is a pin near the upper screw.  You have to pry the plastic near the upper screw upward from the body metal before you can pull the assembly forward.

Step 4:  Lift the assembly and remove it.

The assembly is still trapped.  You have to lift the part near the upper screw to get it over the plastic part with the air vents and move it toward the center of the car.  You still can't move the assembly much because the wires are still connected.

Step 5:  Disconnect the electrical connector.

But the connector has a lock on the bottom and the wires are too short to see how to unlock it.  You will find a notch on the connector just under the wires.  You have to pull straight back on that area to unlock the connector.  You may have to make a wire hook to pull it if you don't have strong fingers.

Replacing the assembly is not as difficult but still requires some pushing and twisting of plastic parts.  Watch out for the windshield washer hose on the passenger side.  It needs to be on top of the headlight assembly so it doesn't get pinched.

• jzchen likes this

#4 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 541 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

Thanks for sharing this info JnTX. I'm happy my hands were small enough to finesse the bulb carrier out and replace without having to remove the entire assembly!

Edited by jzchen, 21 February 2018 - 04:00 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·