Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

No 2018 C-Max Energi?!?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

Jonathan,

If you want a 2017 with the auto hatch I'm sure your dealer will find one for you and have it shipped in. I took a hit (financially) when I turned in my 2015 early to get a new lease on a 2016, but the differences between model years (regen any time you let off the gas vs. only when braking and Android auto are the biggies) were too significant to pass up! Not sure about new stuff on the 2017 though...

Why do you think you don't have Regen when you let off the accelerator on 2015 CMAX? :headscratch:  As far as I know all CMAX's charge the HVB when you let off the accelerator. I know my 2013 does.

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 14 November 2017 - 11:25 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

Why do you think you don't have Regen when you let off the accelerator on 2015 CMAX? :headscratch:  As far as I know all CMAX's charge the HVB when you let off the accelerator. I know my 2013 does.

Paul

I think he meant it the other way around.  I.e. the 2016 doesn't regen when you let off the accelerator(I hadn't heard, but would be a big plus to me) and comes with Android Auto.

#23 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

I believe there is some confusion here. I have driven a 2017 CMAX Hybrid and it had a ECO switch which makes the car act more like a Prius, very annoying. :(  Part of this feature is less aggressive regen charging when you let off the accelerator.  I don't think there is a situation where you don't get regen when you let of the gas except when the HVB is full. :smile2:

Paul

#24 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

If I stay out of it, sometimes there are posts get very far from facts as to how people think the car operates.  Let me restate it so to alleviate the confusion:

The car regens all the time, 2013 or 2017 its the same, when you remove your foot off the gas pedal.  

It regens at a variable rate when you start to press the brake, the more brake, the more regen, until you reach the limit and then the pads kick in.

Using the brake will stop the regen when the HVB is full, and use more pads.

Hill decent is variable regen, from low to high depending on the grade to hold the car at the same speed.

L is high regen, will slow the car down unless the grade is too steep.

2017 model the car charges the HVB less aggressively than the 2013 model and tries to use the HVB more often.  Resultant lifetime gas mileage is higher.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 15 November 2017 - 04:33 PM.

• ptjones likes this

#25 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:23 AM

If I stay out of it, sometimes there are posts get very far from facts as to how people think the car operates.  Let me restate it so to alleviate the confusion:

The car regens all the time, 2013 or 2017 its the same, when you remove your foot off the gas pedal.  

It regens at a variable rate when you start to press the brake, the more brake, the more regen, until you reach the limit and then the pads kick in.

Using the brake will stop the regen when the HVB is full, and use more pads.

Hill decent is variable regen, from low to high depending on the grade to hold the car at the same speed.

L is high regen, will slow the car down unless the grade is too steep.

2017 model the car charges the HVB less aggressively than the 2013 model and tries to use the HVB more often.  Resultant lifetime gas mileage is higher.

Is that for ECO Mode or  all the time?

-=>Raja.

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 16 November 2017 - 06:24 AM.

#26 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:25 AM

There is no ECO mode in my 2017 Energi, unless you're talking about ECO Cruise?  Do you have a picture of that button?

ECO cruise just doesn't hold the speed as well to do better with efficiency.

-=>Raja.

#27 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:06 AM

There is no ECO mode in my 2017 Energi, unless you're talking about ECO Cruise?  Do you have a picture of that button?

ECO cruise just doesn't hold the speed as well to do better with efficiency.

-=>Raja.

That's curious that the Hybrid does, does that mean that the NRG is automatically in ECO Mode? In ECO Mode the Hybrid drives like a Prius. :headscratch:

Paul

#28 OFFLINE   xochicasa

xochicasa

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMedford Ma
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C Max 2013

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:16 AM

Not surprised I ended up hating this car in the long run

#29 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

Not surprised I ended up hating this car in the long run

Not sure where this came from, but NRG when in Hybrid mode, EV later car acts like regular Hybrid. :smile2:

Paul

#30 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

YES as said above ^^^, the energi is all of the hybrid version and then some.  Click into EV later and its a normal hybrid car, click into AUTO and its on EV unless you floor it, click on EV Now and its EV all the way you can floor it and it will accelerate as fast as the electric motor will take it without the engine.

At the end of the day, having a plug in battery that is 5 times the size of the hybrid battery opens up alot of doors as far as your options of when to drive what mode.

Also not to forget, you can forgo the need to warm up the ICE EVERY time you go out to get good MPG numbers.  With the Energi you can skip using the ICE all together and not worry about having to use block heaters or grill covers to keep your ice hot on short in town trips.  I once went 5 months without using the ICE from Columbus day until mid march as I didn't go anywhere far (stayed within 30 miles of home).  Its kind of weird saying "the next schedule for me to start the ice when when I leave on a trip to Birmingham in March."  But its true, you could get by whereas with the hybrid you HAVE to use the engine for every single trip, even the 2.xx mile one down to the grocery store.  

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 28 November 2017 - 06:27 PM.

#31 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

I believe Grill Covers, Wheel covers and 50psi tires will extend the range of the HVB up to 4 miles because of less rolling resistance and aerodynamic drag. :smile2: 

Paul 

#32 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:31 PM

It wont make that much difference Paul because the hvb is typically driven at slow speeds.

The faster you go the better the savings in your case, hope you get an Energi soon so you can try it.

-=>Raja.

#33 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:59 PM

Obviously the faster you go, the more the difference and then it makes a big difference in EV later mode. :smile2: 

Paul 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·