Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

No 2018 C-Max Energi?!?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hackster

Hackster

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 79 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationGTA
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 2016

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:03 PM

Just looked on ford.com a few minutes ago and getting a bit concerned - 2018 models are in: 2018 Fusion Hybrid, 2018 Fusion Energi, 2018 C-Max Hybrid... and NO 2018 C-Max Energi! ford.ca still has 2017 models. My wife's car is nearing its end of life and I was considering picking up an C-Max Energi for her in 2018. Now wondering if I should hurry up and get one of the in-stock 2017 cars still available in my area.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   grege

grege

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationDC Metro Area
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Cmax Energi Titanium

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

Just looked on ford.com a few minutes ago and getting a bit concerned - 2018 models are in: 2018 Fusion Hybrid, 2018 Fusion Energi, 2018 C-Max Hybrid... and NO 2018 C-Max Energi! ford.ca still has 2017 models. My wife's car is nearing its end of life and I was considering picking up an C-Max Energi for her in 2018. Now wondering if I should hurry up and get one of the in-stock 2017 cars still available in my area.

2018 has zero changes compared to the 2017s, so I'd shop a new 2017 for a much better deal.

Greg

#3 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:12 PM

jsamp posted this over at the fusion energi forum:

"I spoke with Jay over at Insideevs.com and he felt that this is merely an inventory situation. They are holding out on the 2018's until they reduce stock on the 2017's. This is potentially confirmed by the fact that he found a production start date for the 2018 C-max Energi of Oct 9. So it is likely they just started making them, and we'll see them listed in a few weeks."

#4 OFFLINE   Hackster

Hackster

• 79 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationGTA
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 2016

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:24 PM

"I spoke with Jay over at Insideevs.com and he felt that this is merely an inventory situation. They are holding out on the 2018's until they reduce stock on the 2017's. This is potentially confirmed by the fact that he found a production start date for the 2018 C-max Energi of Oct 9. So it is likely they just started making them, and we'll see them listed in a few weeks."

I was hoping that this is the case. Strange that they don't have C-Max Energi on the ford.com web site AT ALL at this point. C-Max 2017 is gone and C-Max 2018 only shows Hybrid.

#5 OFFLINE   JeanLucBlue

JeanLucBlue

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX ENERGI

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

I found this webpage and it says no Energi due to the new line of electric cars for is going to roll-out. All gas engines....only an hybrid, if at all, at a later date. 

It also talks about some changes, new platform with the Focus etc.  I am there are other articles but wanted to add this.  http://forfordlovers...018-ford-c-max/

#6 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:11 PM

That sure looks like the European market. The C-Max (not in any hybrid or plug-hybrid form) has been in Europe for a very long time. The only time the C-Max Energi made it to Europe was 1 year in Netherlands to grab tax benefits.

#7 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:52 AM

Looks like there will be no 2018 Energi model. :(

Ford C-Max Energi Production Comes To An End

https://insideevs.co...omes-to-an-end/

#8 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 640 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:58 AM

This is from Greencar Reports: https://www.greencar...nly-months-left:(

Paul

#9 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationEmmaus, PA

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:00 AM

What do people think, does this temporarily raise the value of our cars since new isn't an option for the set of people this car works for, lower it, or do nothing aside from standard depreciation?

#10 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

Good question, If you wanted to get a new one time is running out. :(

Paul

#11 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationEmmaus, PA

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

Also, will replacement batteries still exist in production - does the Fusion use the same shape battery pack?

#12 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

Manufacturers typically build up parts stock as repair supply for a specified time after they discontinue a model.

#13 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

What do people think, does this temporarily raise the value of our cars since new isn't an option for the set of people this car works for, lower it, or do nothing aside from standard depreciation?

My last car was a GTI from 2009, the final year of Mk. V production. That was the year I wanted, figuring that all the bugs would be worked out compared to the next year when a new version rolled out. It will be the same for our 2017s, except there's no new version coming. Anyone wanting a used NRG will want the newest and most developed model year, which will be 2017. So I think it's mildly positive for us, though still a sad day.

#14 OFFLINE   viajero

viajero

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationAustin TX
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:44 PM

Wow. I didn’t realize it at the time, but I just bought one of the last Energis in the Austin area.

I hope the Escape Energi is out soon.

#15 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:24 AM

I dunno, as is apparent by the production being stopped, I don't think this was ever a terribly desired car, so I don't think there's going to be any increase in value.  If anything, I'd think it would be a decrease as there will likely only be less support from Ford now.

#16 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• 215 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

Well, I guess I'll be buying my leased 2015 C-MAX Energi out this coming June instead of trying to negotiate a new lease for a 2017 or '18 model. I probably would have in any event, given how much over my allowed mileage I'll be. Also, we're likely picking up a Pacifica Hybrid this coming Wednesday, so we'll be a two-PHEV family for the foreseeable future! {Jonathan}

• GTIguy likes this

#17 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

Johnathan, 

If it wasn't for the lease miles trap, I would let the 2015 go and get a brand new 2017 Cmax, one of the last ones out there.  Not only is the gas mileage even better than the original Cmaxes (yes they did improve them), but also you'll start out with a fresh HVB and be back into the 30's miles per charge range.

Too bad lease gets you like that and makes it not a good idea financially to get out of the old car...

-=>Raja.

#18 OFFLINE   grege

grege

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationDC Metro Area
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Cmax Energi Titanium

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:38 AM

Nuggets!  After a little research...bummer.  I was planning on picking up a 2019 Cmax hybrid.  I guess not now.  :(

While I like the Prius mileage, that car design is an utter nightmare.

Greg

#19 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• 215 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:55 AM

Johnathan, 

If it wasn't for the lease miles trap, I would let the 2015 go and get a brand new 2017 Cmax, one of the last ones out there.  Not only is the gas mileage even better than the original Cmaxes (yes they did improve them), but also you'll start out with a fresh HVB and be back into the 30's miles per charge range.

Too bad lease gets you like that and makes it not a good idea financially to get out of the old car...

-=>Raja.

I thought about doing that, Raja, and even looked into the available inventory because there *are* incentives on leftover 2017s. Only problem is that every 2017 I could find anywhere nearby lacked options like hands-free tailgate opening that I have on my 2015. I would love to upgrade ot Sync3 and Android Auto, but not at the expense of losing existing functionality. {Jonathan}

• ptjones likes this

#20 OFFLINE   chandlerski5

chandlerski5

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Vehicle:yes?

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:14 AM

Jonathan,

If you want a 2017 with the auto hatch I'm sure your dealer will find one for you and have it shipped in. I took a hit (financially) when I turned in my 2015 early to get a new lease on a 2016, but the differences between model years (regen any time you let off the gas vs. only when braking and Android auto are the biggies) were too significant to pass up! Not sure about new stuff on the 2017 though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·