Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Brand new Curt Hitch $50

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:35 AM

I ended up getting a 2nd hitch as a gift last year so I have a brand new in box Curt Hitch.

Should be identical to the one I have installed on my Max.

$50 and it's yours.  I live south of Rochester, NY so if you can pick up, no problem.  If it requires shipping, I fear cost may get prohibitive.

28i838l.jpg301m1cw.jpg2je5hkm.jpg

• olidx likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   PaulinFL

PaulinFL

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationOrlando, FL
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:21 AM

Hello, I just purchased a 2014 C-Max Energi 1-7-19. I want a trailer hitch for a bike rack and cargo carrier. I live in Orlando Florida. I wonder what shipping would cost? How do you like you C-Max? So far I am loving mine. Since I bought it, I have only seen one other one on the road. Mine is fully loaded, with the fancy roof and everything. I am just learning how everything works. I know I have used very little gas. The hitch looks good on your car, not to noticeable.

#3 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:55 AM

Hello, I just purchased a 2014 C-Max Energi 1-7-19. I want a trailer hitch for a bike rack and cargo carrier. I live in Orlando Florida. I wonder what shipping would cost? How do you like you C-Max? So far I am loving mine. Since I bought it, I have only seen one other one on the road. Mine is fully loaded, with the fancy roof and everything. I am just learning how everything works. I know I have used very little gas. The hitch looks good on your car, not to noticeable.

Sorry, I sold the hitch quite some time ago.

Personally I have very mixed feelings on the C-Max.  Mine has every option as well.  I came from a 2004 Prius and also have a 2011 Sienna. 

Part of my issue is that the C-Max doesn't have the EV range to get me to work, and once I start burning gas, it's not as efficient as the Prius. 

Also, this is my first Ford and it just seems like things were made to "kinda/mostly" work, or just kinda finished enough to pass...  So...  While my Toyotas had keyless unlock/start, parking sensors, etc and I've yet to ever have a problem with ANY of them...  Well, on the C-Max, the sensors don't tell me where the problem is and they fault every time there's any precipitation/dirt,etc on them.  And the door sensors this time of year work about 40% of the time...  The audio/navigation stuff in the C-max usually works, but once every few months some random hiccup (like the radio not tuning stations, or the volume just stopping responding, etc) will require climbing under the passenger side dash, removing a panel and then trying to get pliers around a couple tiny fuses to reboot the thing.

Things like air filters...  On the Toyota the engine air filter is like 2 clips, swap filter.  In the C-Max, you have to get out wrenches, screwdrivers, etc, pull a couple hoses, connectors, bolts, remove the entire engine cover(which there isn't technically room to do, you have to bend the plastic), then take out more bolts and you can finally swap the filter and reverse the procedure.

Cabin filter?  Toyota: Press in the sides on the glove box, flip it down, one clip and swap the filter.  On the C-max: Climb under the passenger dash again, get your flashlight, have a screwdriver, reach up underneath where you can barely see, remove a screw, then a plastic panel, then pretty much fold the filter in half(cause again...  there's not actually room to get it in or out...) and get it out.  Then, carefully fold up the new one and try to get it back up into the slot that's only half exposed, then try to get the cover back in(cause you can't see half of it), screw back in and THEN you can climb back out from under the dash...

The touchless rear hatch?  That *mostly* worked for a while.  Haven't seen any sign of action out of it in months at this point.(via foot anyway).  Though of course when it WAS working, it would go up plenty of times I DIDN'T want it to, like while walking past with my head under it getting groceries out, or with a bike rack on the back that it would hit....

Just a lot of little stupid things where it feels like Ford just didn't care enough to finish up their work and it's just so much nicer in the Toyotas to just have everything work all the time and make things easier.

Sorry, I don't mean to make you question your decision.  It's not really that bad of a car, it just ends up bugging me a lot.  It's just not really the car for me.  But as with most things in life, I seem to be the exception.  Most everyone else seems to really like theirs.  (:

• PaulinFL likes this

#4 OFFLINE   olidx

olidx

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Jose, California
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

I installed the same hitch and I recommend it as well. You should be able to find a new one online shipped for a very reasonable price.

Overall, I like the C-MAX very much as well but things are a bit cramped - I agree about the engine air filter, same goes for the 12V battery. I think the C-MAX energi outshined the Toyota Prius plug-in when it came out with a longer electric range at the time it was released.

Six years later (count from 2012), we should be discussing C-Max energi generation 2 (er....:headscratch:) versus Prius prime...

#5 OFFLINE   PaulinFL

PaulinFL

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationOrlando, FL
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:22 AM

Thanks for the response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic