Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Level 2 charging station (FLO)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Keviboy2017

Keviboy2017

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • LocationMontreal
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Energie

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

Hello all i recently installed a charging station Flo G5 the unit charges great but i have one question
That is bothering me. There are 3 indication lights Green for ready to use Blue for charging White for pluged in with NO energy transfer.

Now i plug in my cmax it charges every thing is good until i get a msg on myford mobile that the car is Full
So at this point you would assume the car would send a signal to the station and the Led indicator would switch for White as its pluged but no energy transfer wich is not the case.

The blue ring on the car stays lit up and i hear the ventilation fan in the battery compartment stays on .
The only way it seems to stop and switch White is if i go out open the door and relock it otherwise if i dont do so it can keep running the vent fan and blue ring?

I also measured the ampacity when charging around 15amps and decending as its more full and then when it says FULL i just measure .5amps wich i figure is the vent fan running

My question is why does it do this? And not when i was charging with the 120v plug?
It should cut off after full charge?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,182 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

240v charging builds more heat on the charging circuit, its possible the fan is running to cool down the charger inside the car.  If you check during charging (give it some time to warm up) you may notice the air is hotter behind the right rear seat (remove HVB disconnect cover to feel it) compared to 120v charging.

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   Keviboy2017

Keviboy2017

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

Yes but the fan can run for 2-3 hrs is that normal?

#4 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,182 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

It should shut off eventually.  Seems like a long time.  Why don't you do this.  Charge it with the 120v charger to 92%, then unplug it, wait a little bit for it to cool down.  

Then plug in the 240v and charge from 92% to 100% and see what happens.  I say 92% as sometimes you charge it to some % and then if you unplug and come back later the % can be higher or lower depending on what happened with the outside air temperature in the meantime.

See if the fan shuts off this way.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 25 October 2017 - 01:21 PM.

• Keviboy2017 likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Keviboy2017

Keviboy2017

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:33 PM

Ok ill try it out thanks

#6 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:08 AM

Yeah, the car will draw power potentially before and after actual charging, but it should be something like around .4 amps instead of 14.5amps when it is actually charging.  It will power the fans and the 12V side of things as needed to keep the battery temp as happy as can be while it has outside power available.

And if you set go times it will use power to top off the charge or heat or cool as needed as well.  

Or if you remote start, or even start the car with the push button while plugged in.

In short, there are lots of times the car will use a bit (or a lot) of electricity while plugged in.  

Still, with the meters on my EVSE, if I plug mine in at like 6pm, have it value charge at midnight and then set a heated go time for like 7:30am, it might be just under 7kwh total actually used.

• Keviboy2017 likes this

#7 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,263 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:10 AM

Yes but the fan can run for 2-3 hrs is that normal?

Yes it continues to run but 2-3 hours might be too long up in Quebec this time of year IF it is still running the fans at higher speeds.  Mine typically just keeps the ring light and EVSE lights on and no fan sounds.   From my experience, a positive benefit is the 12v is getting charged if the ring lights are still on.

• Keviboy2017 likes this

#8 OFFLINE   Keviboy2017

Keviboy2017

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

Ok well iam happy it seems normal :) it eventually stops so everything is good i guess thanks alot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·