Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

cmax thinks both charge-now and charge-schedule enabled?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   marlowefamily

marlowefamily

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium w/ Moonroof

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:31 PM

Not sure how this happened, but about a week ago, my c-max started to:

* Charge immediately when the power is plugged in during the afternoon

* If I cancelled that charge, it would charge again at night at its normal charging schedule

On myFordMobile, I have the cmax scheduled to charge at night only between 9pm-3am.  Yet, it's been performing this same crazy behavior every day.  Today, I got home at 6pm, and it began charging for 30 minutes until I logged into stop it.  Then it did it's normal charge at 9pm.  I've tried re-entering my charge schedule...resetting what I can...nothing seems to help.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   marlowefamily

marlowefamily

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

Looking into this further, and it's definitely a myfordmobile bug.

The website displays the right time on most pages and in the charge schedule.   The car shows the right time on its displays.

However, the log handling or the backend scheduling server for myfordmobile uses a system which seems to be set to UTC (7hrs ahead of local) for determining when to send a signal to my car saying to start charging.

So, at noon -- my fordmobile says it will charge from 9pm-3am.   At 2pm, it generates a log entry saying that 9pm is here and charging has started.  I, at some point realize what is going on, and cancel it.  At 9pm, my car realizes its time to start charging and charges a 2nd time. 

Not sure what to do, considering deleting the home entry and creating a new one.

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,863 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

The problem seems to be that MFM is reporting everything 4 hours later.  Like I just got home and last trip shows 3:39am.  Not sure how that started but it used to be correct in the past.  What gives?

-=>Raja.

#4 OFFLINE   Hackster

Hackster

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 79 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationGTA
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 2016

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:12 AM

MFM seems to be displaying all times in GMT now (4 hours ahead for the EDT time zone). I wonder if we have to change all of our Go Times and Value Charge times to GMT as well until this is fixed... Ridiculous!

#5 OFFLINE   marlowefamily

marlowefamily

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:17 AM

My Kludge/Hack/Fix:

Go into myfordmobile and delete your normal 'home' charge location, so all that is left is the default 'charge for all other locations'.

Then go out into your car, open sync3, click on charge settings, set default charge to value charge.  Manually tell the car what hours to charge.   The car will now charge at the right time.

The issue -- when you create a custom location, such as 'home', myfordmobile controls the charging times and myfordmobile seems to have a timezone identity crisis which makes it unreliable.  If you delete all those charge locations and stick with the default 'charge anywhere' location...you avoid all that ...the car will use its own scheduling and its own timezone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·