Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Trading in? Selling Private Party? Who's getting close to that warranty limit?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   William Anzueto

William Anzueto

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

Energi is paid off.  I'm right at 85K miles and looking at Trading it or selling private party.  

Just curious what everyones getting on Trade in/Selling?

My listing is up and priced at KBB for Great condition.  2 weeks and no bites yet.  

http://fordcmaxenerg...n-fl-84k-miles/

Edited by fotomoto, 24 October 2017 - 07:15 AM.
link added

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

2 weeks and no bites yet.  

That's alot of miles in three years

#3 OFFLINE   William Anzueto

William Anzueto

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

That's alot of miles in three years

My commute is 60 miles each way, 5 days a week....I may work from home about once a month but then add on weekend trips and fun stuff!  I'm right on track for 3 years of driving.  My previous cars all hit 100K on the 4th year.

• Jonathan Ezor likes this

#4 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

My commute is 5 miles each way, five days a week.  I have never had a car hit 100K miles, ever.

:wink:

My commute is 60 miles each way, 5 days a week....I may work from home about once a month but then add on weekend trips and fun stuff!  I'm right on track for 3 years of driving.  My previous cars all hit 100K on the 4th year.

#5 OFFLINE   marlowefamily

marlowefamily

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium w/ Moonroof

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:57 PM

My 14 year old SUV just reached 83K miles..... and my 45 day old CMax Energi just reached 300 miles.   Considering whether to sell or renovate the SUV....it's a great car, but the only electronics in it is the DVD player...and the only safety feature is airbags.  No rear camera, no front/back sensors, no BLIS, no lane drift detection, etc....there isn't even a single small LCD display at the front of the car to connect a camera to.  There also isn't any navigation.   While it might make sense to sell, new SUV's are expensive....and if I did go that route, it'd probably be a ford expedition because it is built on a truck frame...but that car would be 50-70K unless I bought used.  Ford won't have any hybrid capability for it for at least a few more years too.

#6 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,184 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:30 PM

I just checked my local CL and your price is reasonable and in the ball park on the high end (example on the low end: '14 hybrid SE, 105k=$7400!) but with continuing low gas prices hybrids aren't selling well.  Unless you want to give it away, you're best bet is to drive it into the ground or until the next big gas price spike.

Edited by fotomoto, 23 October 2017 - 04:30 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 410 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:55 AM

We all drive different amounts I drive about 54 miles round trip to work every day,  I have 52K at 3 years.

The thing about the plugins is that you get the tax incentive and that lower the actual price of new cars which drops the resale value of low mileage cars.  With the higher mileage anyone with knowledge will assume the battery has lost some of it's range and that makes the car less valuable.  The storage lost with the Energi vs the hybrid could make it a tough sell for someone.  Trade in you will probably get the lower end of wholesale.  The biggest buyer for the car could well be a pizza delivery driver if they could plug it in at work they would probably  use no gas at all.

Also you link did not work for me?

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#10340]

You do not have permission to view this topic.

#8 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,184 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:17 AM

[#10340]

Opps, my bad cleaning out duplicate postings.  Link restored.

#9 OFFLINE   William Anzueto

William Anzueto

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

We all drive different amounts I drive about 54 miles round trip to work every day,  I have 52K at 3 years.

The thing about the plugins is that you get the tax incentive and that lower the actual price of new cars which drops the resale value of low mileage cars.  With the higher mileage anyone with knowledge will assume the battery has lost some of it's range and that makes the car less valuable.  The storage lost with the Energi vs the hybrid could make it a tough sell for someone.  Trade in you will probably get the lower end of wholesale.  The biggest buyer for the car could well be a pizza delivery driver if they could plug it in at work they would probably  use no gas at all.

[#10340]

Yes.  I always thought this would make for the ultimate pizza delivery vehicle.   Lots of short local driving.  I did that many years ago in a minivan.

I am an UBER/LYFT driver as part of my commute.  Since i only get rides to and from work. it's not the same as doing lots of local short trips in the city.  but when I make $100 a week to drive to work and back.  It's worth it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·