Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Heat problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jman4ever

Jman4ever

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:15 PM

Hello, new member here.

I have the 2014 Energi and have been experiencing an issue with heat.  I live in Minnesota so this important.  I will turn on the heat and it will start out fine.  After a minute, the air temp drops until is it cool. I turn up the temp and the heat kicks back in, only to repeat. This goes up all the way to 80 degrees.  This happens with air recirc on and off, A/C on or off, and EV or ICE. Of course the Ford dealership couldn't duplicate the problem but did locate an air bubble that didn't help the problem.  The inverter coolant level was low, which the dealership missed.  No one at the dealership can describe for me how climate control works. I'm looking for ideas on what this might be to point the dealership in the right direction.  Any help is appreciated.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:31 PM

Have you checked the coolant temp and climate control energy to see what they say when this happens? For reference, you can put both of those up on the MyView display. Have you also tried setting the Climate control to Hi and/or max defrost to see how the temp behaves then?

#3 OFFLINE   Jman4ever

Jman4ever

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the ideas.  I will give it a try.

#4 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,184 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:38 PM

Are you using auto temp?  I have somewhat the same issue in peak of summer here in that it reduces fan speeds too soon and I get hot.  

#5 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:45 AM

Hello, new member here.

I have the 2014 Energi and have been experiencing an issue with heat.  I live in Minnesota so this important.  I will turn on the heat and it will start out fine.  After a minute, the air temp drops until is it cool. I turn up the temp and the heat kicks back in, only to repeat. This goes up all the way to 80 degrees.  This happens with air recirc on and off, A/C on or off, and EV or ICE. Of course the Ford dealership couldn't duplicate the problem but did locate an air bubble that didn't help the problem.  The inverter coolant level was low, which the dealership missed.  No one at the dealership can describe for me how climate control works. I'm looking for ideas on what this might be to point the dealership in the right direction.  Any help is appreciated.

Doesn't sound correct.  If it's working correctly it should work something like this:

-Outside temp/car temp at 32F

-Climate control set to 72F

To start there should be little to no fan blowing because everything is cold and you don't want cold air blowing on you.

Shortly there should be some warm air with more air blowing.

This should increase as the coolant warms up.  More heat, more air.

As the cabin temp of the car nears 72F then the fan speed will slow down and the temperature should lower/even out a bit.  It should't be blowing COLD air on you, but it won't continue to blow max heat air...

Now, I'll note that I liked the idea that the Ford climate control can be set as low as 60F whereas my Toyotas only go down to 65F.  Problem is they do NOT work at heating when set to below 65F.  I've no idea what stupid reason there is, but if I start the car cold at 0F and the climate control is set to 61F, it will blow max cold air at me and it doesn't heat up.

But then there are people like my wife who can't/won't/don't want to understand automatic climate control and so they pretty much just manually force the fan to max and the heat or AC to max.  Which annoys me as I get in the car the next time and I'm like "Why the heck am I getting max cold air blowing on me?!"  Oh, cause my wife forced it to.  Nice.

At the moment, the climate control is second to the parking sensors in which I give credit to Toyota hands down.  Toyota's just work.  Every time.  Ford's seem to "mostly" work about 80%...

Did I mention I just had to pull the fuses yet again?  This time to get the radio station to change/show correctly...

#6 OFFLINE   Jman4ever

Jman4ever

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

Well, it appears that by refilling the coolant reservoir for the inverter the problem has been fixed.  Thanks for your help.

• Jonathan Ezor likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·