Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Winter weather maintenance

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:01 AM

Since it is getting to that time of year again and this being the first winter season with my C-Max, I want to ensure it is maintained as best as possible both inside and out. I'm curious what you all recommend especially for those here in the Midwest/salt-happy areas and keeping rust at bay. Mine came from further south originally and when I installed my Torklift hitch earlier this summer the underbody was immaculate and I'd love to keep it that way. I do have a garage at home I park in but work parking is all uncovered outdoors.

My first immediate thought is there is a full auto car wash close by work that has monthly passes (tops out at $50/mo for the full thing, normally $15 per visit) that I am seriously considering and just run through after each snow/ice and salt session.

Thoughts?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:41 AM

Yes definitely.  I wash my car all the time to get the salt off any time I can.  If it warms up just enough for the water not to freeze on contact I'm hosing all the salt off and spraying under as much as I can.  I don't go to a car wash myself, just do it at home and blow out the hose so it doesn't freeze up after use.

-=>Raja.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·