Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

C-Max oddities

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted Yesterday, 07:49 AM

That - inability to auto-up windows with a remote - is likely a safety feature, the "bounce-back" safeguard notwithstanding.

Doubt it.  It's a feature on other Ford models.  Just not implemented on ours for some stupid reason.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted Yesterday, 07:52 AM

The real mystery is the backdoor lift sensor....  half the time it works perfectly, the other half I'm just looking stupid waving my foot underneath the car while nothing happens.

I think I'm deciding that on mine the issue is the time for the car to detect the key.  So if I just walk up to the car, it usually doesn't work for a few tries(the length of time before the car realizes the key is there so it's OK to open the hatch). 

Now, if I walk up to the back of the car and just wait maybe 5 seconds or so then it seems much more likely to just work on the first try.  Similarly it's much more likely to just work to close it since I've been at the back of the car and kept the key there where it can "see" it.

I wonder if the age/strength of the battery in the key has much impact...  Though my fob still seems to work well if I press the button from inside the house some distance from the garage...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·