Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

C-Max oddities

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

That - inability to auto-up windows with a remote - is likely a safety feature, the "bounce-back" safeguard notwithstanding.

Doubt it.  It's a feature on other Ford models.  Just not implemented on ours for some stupid reason.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:52 AM

The real mystery is the backdoor lift sensor....  half the time it works perfectly, the other half I'm just looking stupid waving my foot underneath the car while nothing happens.

I think I'm deciding that on mine the issue is the time for the car to detect the key.  So if I just walk up to the car, it usually doesn't work for a few tries(the length of time before the car realizes the key is there so it's OK to open the hatch). 

Now, if I walk up to the back of the car and just wait maybe 5 seconds or so then it seems much more likely to just work on the first try.  Similarly it's much more likely to just work to close it since I've been at the back of the car and kept the key there where it can "see" it.

I wonder if the age/strength of the battery in the key has much impact...  Though my fob still seems to work well if I press the button from inside the house some distance from the garage...

#23 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 419 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

I think I'm deciding that on mine the issue is the time for the car to detect the key.  So if I just walk up to the car, it usually doesn't work for a few tries(the length of time before the car realizes the key is there so it's OK to open the hatch). 

Now, if I walk up to the back of the car and just wait maybe 5 seconds or so then it seems much more likely to just work on the first try.  Similarly it's much more likely to just work to close it since I've been at the back of the car and kept the key there where it can "see" it.

I wonder if the age/strength of the battery in the key has much impact...  Though my fob still seems to work well if I press the button from inside the house some distance from the garage...

You are correct, your approach is part of the lift gate sensor sequence.  Requires two actions which must happen in sequence - 1.  approach of key to rear bumper (detected by an antennae that runs inside the length of the bumper) and stopping in back of car 2.  object (foot and ankle) moving under sensor.  Cat running under the car can do part two, but not part one :)  My Tork hitch has had little to no effect on sensor - still around 70% on first swipe.

#24 OFFLINE   ScottChi

ScottChi

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationCary, NC USA
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:17 AM

I discovered the hard way that the front left pillar is large enough to conceal a nearby pedestrian, especially one who is walking in a parking lot at the same relative speed that the pillar traverses.  The fact that the fellow was wearing dark clothes at night didn't help.  I got cursed up one side and down the other.  I'm much more conscious of that now.

My 2016 has bumper sensors in front and back.  If they were a little more sensitive they might have provided notification.  I've had it go off when people walked close by while I was stopped at a light, but it's pretty rare.  More often, they will detect a large truck passing in the next lane, even when it's well clear.

#25 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:22 AM

I discovered the hard way that the front left pillar is large enough to conceal a nearby pedestrian, especially one who is walking in a parking lot at the same relative speed that the pillar traverses.  The fact that the fellow was wearing dark clothes at night didn't help.  I got cursed up one side and down the other.  I'm much more conscious of that now.

My 2016 has bumper sensors in front and back.  If they were a little more sensitive they might have provided notification.  I've had it go off when people walked close by while I was stopped at a light, but it's pretty rare.  More often, they will detect a large truck passing in the next lane, even when it's well clear.

Thankfully I've not yet had it result in an accident but yeah, those A pillars are large enough to hide entire vehicles under the right circumstances similar to what you describe with the pedestrian.

I feel similarly about the sensors on this car.  I'd rather have them than not but there's almost zero indication as to what/where it thinks there is something close and yesterday it snowed again so they start going off any time I'm sitting still or driving slow with nothing within 50 feet of me because a bit of snow or ice got on them.  Our Sienna has NEVER had this problem and it shows a graphic as to which corner is warning of something close.

#26 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:49 PM

Now here's a feature that remained hidden from me for five months. Then I saw the empty space beneath the back seats. You can stuff two winter coats under there, always available when the weather changes. I've never seen this in a car before!

#27 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

Just don't forget about your stuff in that space and then fold down the seat(s). That space squashes.
  • jzchen and ptjones like this

#28 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 456 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX Energi

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:46 AM

Just don't forget about your stuff in that space and then fold down the seat(s). That space squashes.

My family and I weren't very happy when I forgot this and found my son's iPad kind of squished under there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·