Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

coming back to a C-Max

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DFS

DFS

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationEdmonds, Washington
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi - tomorrow

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

Had a 2013 for 2 year lease, then BMW i3 for the last 2.

i3 just went back, and looking at a 2017 Energi for the next 2. I'm confused about lease deals and incentives.

Using the Ford.com lease calculator I'm seeing numbers around $400 per month for a 10K miles zero down lease with the incentives and a sale price on the car at about $1550 off MSRP.  The calculator doesn't show details like the money factor/APR, or residual.  Incentives at $9257 seem pretty amazing.

APR on the 2013, and from posts I'm seeing earlier in the year on the 2017 are in the same range, about .25%.  The first dealer I approached is quoting an APR of 3%.  Has it jumped that much, or is the dealer just greedy?  He also says Ford has pegged the residual at 45%.  On the 2013, it was 60%.  Again, fact or greed?  I assumed that a Red Carpet Lease from Ford had fixed rates and residuals, and that dealers  couldn't profit further.  Am I wrong?

If it matters, I'm in the Northwest.

Thanks!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   marlowefamily

marlowefamily

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium w/ Moonroof

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:21 AM

Ford did recently offer promotions for new cars with 0% APR  -- I'm not sure what they are now offering on used car leases, but all the recent non-zero APR's were in the 2.7-2.9% range.... 3% and above APR doesn't sound competitive to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·