Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Auto Train EV?
Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:21 PM
135 miles to Lorton VA.
855 miles on the train, with the CMax safely ensconced in an auto carrier.
75 miles to our hotel.
So do the 855 miles count as EV miles? ;}
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:04 PM
Well, the locomotives *are* hybrids of a sort (diesel ICE->generator->traction motor), but they have no HV batteries, they just blow off the regen energy through rooftop resistor grids and fans.
Now, if the Auto Train went up the NE Corridor, we'd have a different story!
- P=E/t likes this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users