Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

It's a Miracle!!...I think...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Roadmasterbear

Roadmasterbear

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 cmax energi

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

I had to have my 12v battery replaced today, in my 2013 Energi after nursing it along for about a year with having to jump it periodically, and in the past several months, using a Black & Decker trickle charger/maintainer.  We went away for 5 days last week, and since it hadn't been giving me many issues lately, decided to not put it on the trickle charger.  Well, when we got back, it started, but I had no radio, the next morning it needed a jump to get going, and has needed a jump to start every time since when not on the maintainer. (Still no radio). Gave in this morning and took it to the dealer. I didn't know how old the battery was since I purchased the car used about 18 months ago. They stated that my battery was the original, so with a build date of 10/12/2012, it was right on 5 years old.  I haven't picked it up yet so fingers crossed that all will be back to normal.  Is anyone else here on their original battery in a 2013?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

Mine is still original, build date sometime in March of 2013. Tried to get the dealer to replace it when I had it in for the door latch recall in July, but they didn't do it. It would appear that they did do something though. Before then the resting voltage of the battery was about 12.0V or lower after 24 hours of not using the car. I would put my charger and it would do the de-sulfating cycle to be able to charge it back up. A couple of times since July I have checked the resting voltage and it has been about 12.6V which is more normal.

I guess there are two possibilities. Maybe they have some sort of super-de-sulfater that helped bring it back. Or maybe they actually did replace the battery (I haven't removed enough of the trim to check) and they didn't put it on the paperwork or bill me for it. 

#3 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:09 AM

Mine is a 2013 with 50K miles on it.  I drive a lot of highway and have never had a battery issue at all.

#4 OFFLINE   Perry Knopp

Perry Knopp

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWV
  • Current Vehicle:FOrd

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:57 PM

I had to have my 12v battery replaced today, in my 2013 Energi after nursing it along for about a year with having to jump it periodically, and in the past several months, using a Black & Decker trickle charger/maintainer.  We went away for 5 days last week, and since it hadn't been giving me many issues lately, decided to not put it on the trickle charger.  Well, when we got back, it started, but I had no radio, the next morning it needed a jump to get going, and has needed a jump to start every time since when not on the maintainer. (Still no radio). Gave in this morning and took it to the dealer. I didn't know how old the battery was since I purchased the car used about 18 months ago. They stated that my battery was the original, so with a build date of 10/12/2012, it was right on 5 years old.  I haven't picked it up yet so fingers crossed that all will be back to normal.  Is anyone else here on their original battery in a 2013?

PULL FUSE 79. Radio will come back on and I bet fix the battery issue. I haven't had an issue since researching this. I have had my radio quit twice. Pull the fuse, put it back, all good again.

#5 OFFLINE   Roadmasterbear

Roadmasterbear

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationDenver
  • Current Vehicle:2013 cmax energi

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

Thanks for the heads up..I was prepared to pull #79, but I picked up the car this morning, and the radio was back to functional. (the battery replacement probably reset the thing).  I will do that in the future though, if/when it does it to me.  Something interesting I found however, on another forum I saw that others were having the radio issue this week (lockup- no functionality) I wonder what the issue is there. 

#6 OFFLINE   viajero

viajero

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationAustin TX
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:19 PM

Link to my post on a similar thread.

http://fordcmaxenerg...ge-3#entry47494