Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

End of lease

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GuyFromCanada

GuyFromCanada

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • LocationQuebec
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi 2013

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

Ssssooooo....

Has four years really passed by already ? damn...

When I leased my C-Max four years ago I had the firm intention of buying it at the end.

But, over the years, I changed my mind. Not that the car is THAT bad, but there's definitely some issues with it.

- The first 2 1/2 years went pretty smoothly. Now I need to go fix it every 3 months or so for various issues. Last one: the horn stopped working.

- My dealer never ever plugged my car when they were finished with it. One time, they even parked it in front of the L2 charger without bothering to actually plug it in. Nice job ! They lost a customer for life just for that.

- At first, the ride was quiet and peaceful. Now, there's cracking noise in the structure at every turn. They're not loud, but they're annoying when your engine is so quiet.

- The worst part of the C-Max is ... it's ICE engine. I just can't stand it anymore. The sound is horrible. Especially in city, stop and go road when the engine stop and start every minute...

- range anxiety !!!!! I suffered from range anxiety SO much with that car. Since I just can't stand the sound of the ICE engine, the EV range became an obsession. I spend almost the same amount of time looking at the battery indicator than at the road.

- The automatic doors lock/unlock doesn't work when it's between -5C and -15C. I don't know why. The technician told me I need to clean the handles... They become abnormally dirty in that temperature range apparently ...

- Almost daily problem with bluetooth pairing. I have a Windows Phone so maybe the problem isn't the car

- mildly annoying rain sensing wiper that can't reliably detect rain and just doesn't know what snow is.

By switching car, the only feature I'll really miss is the foot-activated liftgate. I use this feature EVERY DAY. I juste love that thing

You might be wondering what car I choose over the C-max. Well, I put a 1000$ deposit on a model 3. But, it'll be at least a year before it's my turn so in the meantime I bought a used 2014 Nissan Leaf. This is definitely a compromise car but it fit my most important criteria: There's no ICE under the hood.

Edited by GuyFromCanada, 05 October 2017 - 04:13 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:59 AM

You only filled up the car 19 times in 4 years?  Doesn't sound like the ICE was running very often, I see why EV range was an obsession. It sounds like a new CMAX NRG would have solved your problems. IMO :smile2:  rbort seems to be doing very good with his 2017 NRG.

Paul

#3 OFFLINE   GuyFromCanada

GuyFromCanada

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • LocationQuebec
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi 2013

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

You only filled up the car 19 times in 4 years?  Doesn't sound like the ICE was running very often, I see why EV range was an obsession. It sounds like a new CMAX NRG would have solved your problems. IMO :smile2:  rbort seems to be doing very good with his 2017 NRG.

Paul

I stopped using fuelly sometimes after the first year. I estimate that I put gas in my C-Max 10 to 12 times a year.

• ptjones likes this

#4 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:45 PM