Has four years really passed by already ? damn...
When I leased my C-Max four years ago I had the firm intention of buying it at the end.
But, over the years, I changed my mind. Not that the car is THAT bad, but there's definitely some issues with it.
- The first 2 1/2 years went pretty smoothly. Now I need to go fix it every 3 months or so for various issues. Last one: the horn stopped working.
- My dealer never ever plugged my car when they were finished with it. One time, they even parked it in front of the L2 charger without bothering to actually plug it in. Nice job ! They lost a customer for life just for that.
- At first, the ride was quiet and peaceful. Now, there's cracking noise in the structure at every turn. They're not loud, but they're annoying when your engine is so quiet.
- The worst part of the C-Max is ... it's ICE engine. I just can't stand it anymore. The sound is horrible. Especially in city, stop and go road when the engine stop and start every minute...
- range anxiety !!!!! I suffered from range anxiety SO much with that car. Since I just can't stand the sound of the ICE engine, the EV range became an obsession. I spend almost the same amount of time looking at the battery indicator than at the road.
- The automatic doors lock/unlock doesn't work when it's between -5C and -15C. I don't know why. The technician told me I need to clean the handles... They become abnormally dirty in that temperature range apparently ...
- Almost daily problem with bluetooth pairing. I have a Windows Phone so maybe the problem isn't the car
- mildly annoying rain sensing wiper that can't reliably detect rain and just doesn't know what snow is.
By switching car, the only feature I'll really miss is the foot-activated liftgate. I use this feature EVERY DAY. I juste love that thing
You might be wondering what car I choose over the C-max. Well, I put a 1000$ deposit on a model 3. But, it'll be at least a year before it's my turn so in the meantime I bought a used 2014 Nissan Leaf. This is definitely a compromise car but it fit my most important criteria: There's no ICE under the hood.
Edited by GuyFromCanada, 05 October 2017 - 04:13 AM.