Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Just came back from a 4 day trip to NY

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,721 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

Went to Stamford, CT where I stayed in a hotel for 3 nights, and from there I drove to visit my family in Rye NY.  Saturday I went down to Brooklyn for the day and back.  Lots of traffic in NY on FDR and other places, and the Cmax shined on EV power through all the slow stuff.

Sunday I went to Croton point park on the Hudson for the day and back to Rye every night basically (Saturday also) to spend with the family.  I drove back to Stamford at the end of the day and recharged the car back up overnight at the hotel.  Only 1 outlet found on the top floor of the garage, same place the car rental guy hangs out to shop vac his cars in the morning.

The new 2017 did really well, came in at 72.2 mpg for the entire trip with about 4 charges burned in total.  MPG wise the car is showing 49.1 mpg on the ice (RAFE), meaning a full tank, when I do fill it back up (wasn't full by the way when I started, more like 3/4), should show around 688 miles range -- maybe more as I'll be burning some more gas this week in the city in Boston here.

Attached are pictures below for your viewing pleasure  :camera:

Lifetime the car is batting 70.5mpg (old 2013 was 69.4 lifetime in about 4 years), you can see trip 2 picture (my lifetime stats) plus the total gas burned since day 1 in the last picture.  I take pictures of the trip2 meter when it rolls over to keep track of things.  EV miles has rolled over 3 times now, so its 3357.5 EV miles out of 5682.1 miles today (notice somehow its 0.1 miles longer than the odometer of the car, go figure?!  Anyway, the hours have rolled over once, so its 165 hours of driving and change.  Total kwh hours out of the HVB have not rolled over.  HVB average about 35 miles per charge per the car, I do basically somewhere in the 30's, my most was 37 miles on one charge, which I think I already posted.

-=>Raja.

Attached Files

Edited by rbort, 25 September 2017 - 04:48 PM.

• ptjones likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,721 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

Yup, filled the tank today after running some errands.  Driving around Boston yesterday with the ICE at slow speeds brought the RAFE number up even higher to 52...(just confirmed it)

Photo of range after I filled up below.  Damn this car is GOOD!  :happy feet:

-=>Raja.

Attached Files

Edited by rbort, 27 September 2017 - 05:02 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   SELT

SELT

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • LocationMontreal
  • Current Vehicle:Energy Titanium

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:33 AM

Couldn't agree with you more Raja!!!  :smile2:

You were absolutely right, in what you wrote in your pm to me... I'm now getting 40-50km per charge, instead of 30-40km.

Now the quest to 60km, as you have done with your new Angel.

Attached File  IMG_0525.JPG   100.46KB   0 downloads

#4 OFFLINE   marlowefamily

marlowefamily

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Vehicle:Energi Titanium

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:02 AM

I've had my 2017 C-Max Energi for a little over 3 weeks with something close to a 50% freeway (ev later)/50% city driving (EV on) driving ratio -- Avg is around 60MPG, and I think I might be able to get it close to 70MPG as I get better at driving it.   Once/day charge.  Max electric range is currently only showing 24 miles after charge.

• ptjones likes this

#5 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,721 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:21 AM

Glad to hear it Marlowe!!  All you need to do as you're finding out is concentrate on getting 100% brake score, keep your accelerations down so you have a full blue bar and your speed at 60km or less and you'll make 60km in range if the land is pretty level.  Temperature does make a difference, ideally you want it to be around 25c and of course use no AC as that will take about 5km out of the whole battery's range (55 vs 60km).

When you drive the ICE, keep it at 2 white bars acceleration also and your gas range will improve.  If you're doing well a full tank should show around 1000km range.  You will need to not go faster than 110km for that.  If you drive the car in the city only, then the range should be higher as seen above.

Best regards and enjoy!!

-=>Raja.

#6 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,721 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

So you think you can hypermile?  New high score record for me after driving around 150 miles around the city of Boston yesterday. 

I just refilled the tank to see the range, remarkable!

-=>Raja.

Attached Files

Edited by rbort, 29 September 2017 - 07:12 PM.

• ptjones likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·