Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Transitioning to a

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cmwv

cmwv

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUSA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:56 AM

Hi and goodbye all. I just traded my 2013 for a Bolt. Despite its unreliability I loved my C-Max, but it also gave me the thirst for more EV range. I tried the Bolt a few times and really liked it, although it is not nearly as luxuriously appointed as the C-Max.

Final stats for 2013 C-Max Energi:

106537.8 total miles

67490.7 EV miles

8362.3 Regen miles

70.6 MPG

98% Brake Score

Many thanks to all of you who contributed to this forum over the years. I learned so much reading your posts.

Cheers!

• viajero, fotomoto, ptjones and 1 other like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationKy between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-max Energi, Prius, Lexus

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

Impressive numbers though the unreliability part is troubling since I just got into a '14 C-Max Energi. The Prius is easier to get the engine to stay off while cruising. The new Bolt looks interesting especially with the electric range, hope you enjoy it for a long time.

#3 OFFLINE   ISU_Cyclone

ISU_Cyclone

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMilwaukee
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Ford Explorer

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

What's the short story about the unreliability? I'm at about 15k in my C-Max, 30k total on the car with no issues yet. Hoping to stay that way!

#4 OFFLINE   miboje

miboje

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi, Ford F-350 SD w/ 6.0 PSD

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:22 AM

Congrats on your new car! I hope it is dependable and serves you well a long time. The best of luck to you!!

I believe the 2013 model year had it's issues mainly with Sync and the 12 volt battery. That was why we bought a '14 instead, though I would have much rather gotten into a used 13 for much less money at the time.

#5 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationKy between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
  • Current Vehicle:C-max Energi, Prius, Lexus

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

I believe the 2013 model year had it's issues mainly with Sync and the 12 volt battery. That was why we bought a '14 instead, though I would have much rather gotten into a used 13 for much less money at the time.

I'm liking the '14 and I think I did alright on the price, $9420 although I did have to buy a set of floor mats. :smile2:

#6 OFFLINE   sporkinum

sporkinum

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationIllinois
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

Hi and goodbye all. I just traded my 2013 for a Bolt. Despite its unreliability I loved my C-Max, but it also gave me the thirst for more EV range. I tried the Bolt a few times and really liked it, although it is not nearly as luxuriously appointed as the C-Max.

Final stats for 2013 C-Max Energi:

106537.8 total miles

67490.7 EV miles

8362.3 Regen miles

70.6 MPG

98% Brake Score

Many thanks to all of you who contributed to this forum over the years. I learned so much reading your posts.

Cheers!

How does the Bolt compare with interior seating space? The upright seating and lots of room in the back seat are what sold us on the C-Max vs the Chevy Volt.

#7 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,237 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:01 PM

How does the Bolt compare with interior seating space? The upright seating and lots of room in the back seat are what sold us on the C-Max vs the Chevy Volt.

Very nice, plenty of room inside and higher seating like the Cmax and much different than the volt which is really tight and low.

-=>Raja.

#8 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 481 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:53 PM

I have a 13 and have never had a 12V battery issue but about 1/2 of my driving is on IC so it is charging the battery all the time.  I have about 50K miles on mine and only had one issue with a part that controls charging the battery.  The part was backordered  but Ford put me is an Escape for a month until they got my car back together. cost was about 2500 bucks that warranty covered.

I am at 59 MPG and about 50/50 ICE and EV

The only concern I have is getting the transmission fluid changed since I am doing 65+ for about 40 minutes a day.

#9 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,270 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

I just traded my 2013 for a Bolt. 

Awesome.  OK, so as payback to us you have to give us a good, detailed review of your new ride.   :reading:

• Milkman likes this

#10 OFFLINE   cmwv

cmwv

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

Thanks everyone. The unreliability issues included a dead car (see "my cmax died" elsewhere in this forum for details) that seemed to stem from 12v battery and computer module issues, and a transmission failure at 70,000 miles (fortunately under warranty). I loved the car, but it seemed to be in the shop much more than I expected from a new car (it was my first). Compared to the Bolt, the C-Max is luxurious. I loved and miss the C-Max interior, seats, controls, and just the general feel. The Bolt is essentially an economy car with an expensive battery. But what a battery! I wanted more range since I live in a rural area, and the Bolt (so far after 10 days) really delivers. The 238 miles EPA rating seems easily doable and is surpassed in low-speed, local driving. I just took a thousand-mile trip from northeast West Virginia to the Detroit area, and the Bolt performed beautifully. I drove mostly highway speeds on the various turnpikes--65 mph with slow-downs for the many construction areas--with 1/2 hour and 1 hour "combo" fast charger stops (2 one-hour stops on the way home). The biggest problem for these all-electric vehicles is the sparse and unreliable charging network. I went to two different EVgo fast chargers in Ann Arbor and Belleville, and neither was working. A third was inaccessible due to construction work. So I wound up having to use the Bolt's 120v charging cord plugged in at my brother's garage. It works but is excruciatingly slow. The Bolt interior is definitely more roomy than the Volt. Three people can fit comfortably in the rear seats, and there is plenty of leg room even when the front seats are positioned all the way toward the rear. Lots of cargo space too. Perhaps the biggest gripe I have with the Bolt is the narrowness of the front seats, After driving my C-Max for over a hundred thousand miles in comfort, I find the Bolt seats to be inferior. I'm hoping a cushion will remedy that. All in all I'm pretty happy with my new Bolt and love being able to do everything--even the rare long trip--on electricity only. I'll try to keep you posted and answer any questions as time goes on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·