Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

The differences I found with the 2017 model revision

2017 model year changes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:22 PM

Since I have the luxury of two Ford C-Maxen "Ox= Oxen"?) in my driveway while my daughter is away for foreign study, I'd be happy to compare and contrast them. Ot's pretty rare to see two of these cars side-by-side, at least in Denver. By daughter's is a 2014 Hybrid SEL; not to be outdone, I bought a 2017 Titanium, or as I like to say, an NRGTi.

Some if the differences are obvious, but subtle. "The headlights have eyebrows," she pointed out, and it's true, there's a slim chrome trim bar above the lights, ribbed like lashes. The LED daytime running lights are a stroke of genius, a simple shape with a dihedral tilt that adds drama (if only the grille work was designed with such clean restraint!). At the back, the taillights gain their own chrome eyebrows. Like a classic 50's Ford restyling job: "add new headlights and throw some chrome at it, and call it done." Still, I'm happy for the changes. 

Two small changes in the new interior add immensely to my enjoyment of the new model. But they're so subtle and unsung that it took me a week to notice them:

- On the vents at either end of the dash, the old car has a fixed downward outlet that can't be aimed anywhere but your outboard leg, creating a draft when the AC is on high. The 2017's vents can be aimed upward or outward, fixing this flaw.

- The (DISP) button below and to the right of the volume knob does the most wonderful thing! Pressing it toggles the central display screen on and off, providing a dark, non-distracting view at night, or anytime I'm more concerned with being connected to the road or the scenery than to the 'net. On the old model, this button has no control function, just a simple indicator light for the lock and alarm system.

Anyone else notice these changes, or others?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:40 PM

Hi John:

How about this thread, should fill in alot of the operational differences for you:

http://fordcmaxenerg...itanium-energi/

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   ISU_Cyclone

ISU_Cyclone

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMilwaukee
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Ford Explorer

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

Those vents on my 2015 are also adjustable

#4 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:21 AM

Hi John:

How about this thread, should fill in alot of the operational differences for you:

http://fordcmaxenerg...itanium-energi/

-=>Raja.

That's an excellent report! You're obviously more familiar with these cars, especially the old one. I'm just a new owner/enthusiast. I didn't mean to steal your topic, but that thread has wandered far and wide into MPGs and driving styles, etc. But I did break the story about the DISP (dark panel)  button. And imagine my delight at being the first person in the whole wide world to start any post at all on this 2017 forum! 

#5 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

Oh on there is no such thing as stealing my topic, feel free to post anything you like, we all love to read about it.  I just posted the link hoping you might notice or learn something from it, that's all.  Just another point of view that's all, and I certainly missed some things that other folks noticed :)

-=>Raja.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2017, model year, changes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·