Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Will 2017 Headlights fit?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Max-C

Max-C

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:19 AM

Hello!

I'm just curious if anyone has experience with putting a 2017 model headlight assembly into an earlier model? I recently purchased the 2017 model headlight assembly, and before I even try, I thought I would ask here.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2009 VW GTI, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

I have both models parked in my driveway. Taking a quick look, it looks to be the same size and shape. Ford did the restyle very minimally, and altering the sheet metal would drastically increase their costs. I'd be more concerned about electrical compatibility, such as a different plug or a change in the resistance of the bulbs. So I'd plug it in for a test before installing the new one. 

#3 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:59 AM

How much $$$ is a 2017 headlight assembly?

#4 OFFLINE   Max-C

Max-C

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:27 AM

Thanks GTI! I had the same thoughts, the size and shape appear the same, given they wouldn't want to change the production of the surrounding parts. A quick plug in on one will be the true test.

Ruby, I checked online and with the dealership, and they wanted $1,300 each, so $2,600 total. But I managed to come across a seller on eBay who sells parts pulled from junked cars. I paid a little under $300 for each one. He accepts returns, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I love my C-max, but I feel inferior without the "Christmas tree lights" as my mom and I call them that all the newer cars have.

#5 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:21 AM

Wow! for that price, I would definitely try them !

#6 OFFLINE   MaxLB

MaxLB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSoCal
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max NRG

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

I have both models parked in my driveway. Taking a quick look, it looks to be the same size and shape. Ford did the restyle very minimally, and altering the sheet metal would drastically increase their costs. I'd be more concerned about electrical compatibility, such as a different plug or a change in the resistance of the bulbs. So I'd plug it in for a test before installing the new one. 

Can you post pics of both headlights shining in a wall at the same time?  Maybe the '17 is not worth the money to swap out, who knows? (uh, you do)

• miboje likes this

#7 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,723 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

From what I can tell from memory, there isn't a whole lot of difference.  In fact, I think that the 2013 lights filled in the gaps better than the 2017 lights.  The only "good" think about the 17's is that they have LED lights in them which are always on unless the headlights are on and you can pull into the garage by their light instead of the headlights or move the car around at night around the house without turning the headlights on.  Some benefit to the LED lights there.

But in my opinion don't be replacing them thinking you're going to get better driving light, I don't believe that to be so.

-=>Raja.

• miboje likes this

#8 OFFLINE   Max-C

Max-C

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:36 AM

For anyone who was wondering, the headlight assembly arrived. It does not fit electronically. There are two different connectors that don't allow you to plug the 2017 assembly into an older model.
I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to have someone rewire it, but it's not worth the trouble for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·