I pretty much love everything about the CMAX Energi Ttiantium 2017, except for the sync3. Yes, the builtin nav and xmradio is decent....but otherwise:
* Despite pairing via bluetooth and going through hoops, the vehicle health report function never seems to work regardless of which android device I use.
* I can not get a stable wifi connection to the home access point from the driveway
* My wifi hotspot for travel is not accepted by Sync3 because the SSID isn't broadcast (hidden network), there is no way to add a hidden network to the sync3. All of my other devices support hidden networks - this is the first device I've seen in years that doesn't support it.
* As I get older, my eyes prefer working with tablets rather than mobile phones. I have phone calls and SMS forwarded to my tablet (via skype/google) and generally don't bring my phone with me when driving
* the wifi hotspot is tiny and ensures I never lose calls/connections. But the myfordmobile app seems to have some limitation on google play that allows installation only to android phones, not tablets. I'm pretty much just using the myfordmobile website now.
* When one clicks on show version info in sync3 in order to know what 'software' is installed, there are 3-4 different version numbers shown and none of them seem to follow modern naming conventions that emphasize date of release -- I wish ford would just Microsoft's lead and use year-month so that I could quickly check how old the software on the sync3 is.
* I know the embedded modem in the car isn't high speed and pretty much reserved for occasional short updates on the vehicle status, but it seems wierd that Ford isn't using it to deliver software and map updates to the car.