Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Recall door latch replacement - door won't open

recall door

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 184 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationEmmaus, PA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:48 AM

A few days after getting the recall (Ford campaign 16S30) performed last week, my rear driver-side door stopped opening yesterday. This is a big problem for me because I fit three rear-facing car seats in my C-Max Energi and one of my 8-month-old twins goes in the seat on that side. (The three-year-old goes in the middle because she can get there most easily). I've called the service department that performed the recall but haven't heard back yet. Of course, that was 70 minutes ago.

The door clearly unlocks and it lets me pull the handle, but it won't open all the way. I looked at it from the other side and there's nothing holding the door back. Anybody else experienced this?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:37 AM

They broke my keyless (door handle) lock/unlock on one side, but fixed it immediately, so yeah, there's ample possibilities for goof-ups when doing this repair.

#3 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationEmmaus, PA

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:00 AM

I called back with some more urgency in my voice and got to the service manager. They say it should take them about an hour. I think I'll bring my work computer and use dealership wi-fi so it can just get done.

I was worried the parts availability would mean it could take a long time. Optimistic that it will be dealt with soon.

#4 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:14 AM

The broke my mirror switch in my Escape.

They replaced it, no questions asked, after they admitted they tried to repair it with JB Weld.

#5 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationEmmaus, PA

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:04 AM

It took them about 10 minutes to fix it, at no charge of course. They said it happened on one other vehicle they've done the recall on, so check your doors a few days after you get this done!

#6 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

It took them about 10 minutes to fix it, at no charge of course. They said it happened on one other vehicle they've done the recall on, so check your doors a few days after you get this done!

I Had A problem where one rear door interior panel came loose after the door latch replacement was done.  The panel would get caught on the weather tripping on the door frame resulting in a door that fails to open. The problem turned out to be three broken panel retainers. Once those were replaced the door has opened without problem. 

Tom 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recall, door

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·