Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Understanding better your C-Max Energy driving with Hybrid Assistant

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mister MMT

Mister MMT

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • LocationKehl, Baden-Württemberg
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Mondeo Hybrid (= FFH)

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:42 AM

Hello everybody, I'm a contributor from Germany to the FFH forum, where so far, I reported about the use of my Mondeo Hybrid, the European version of the FFH. 

and how the free Android App Hybrid Assistant helps me with better understanding my driving with it.

I was curious to see whether HA would be compatible with the Ford Hybrid and Energi models and murphy kindly offered help. For more information, please visit the discussion co-animated with murphy. 

After quite a bit of testing, murphy posted a new report showing the HA team is now very close to include the FFE in the list of compatible hybrids (most are from Toyota and Lexus). priusfan in fact announced on a French forum this is upcoming .

If the C-Max Energi community wished HA to also become available for their favorite car, a volunteer owner would first have to test the current test version of the program.

He would have to contact priusfan on HybridAssistant@gmail.com and report here about his/her progress.

Preferably someone who uses an OBDLibk LX or MX BT dongle and that knows how to move files into and out of an Android phone and install an app that doesn't come from the approved source: Settings > Security > Admin of peripherals > Authorize the installation of applications from other sources then the Play Store.

Good to know, HA will not become available for iPhone or iPad users. Some acquired an older Android phone or tablet, from Android 4.0 on. Mine for example is a S Note 2.

Jan

Edited by Mister MMT, 24 August 2017 - 03:51 AM.

• sporkinum likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Mister MMT

Mister MMT

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:30 AM

priusfan provided djc on the C-Max Hybrid forum with a test apk and text file.

No luck with his Automatic adaptor and as expected, also not with a cheap ELM that works with Torque Pro.

He is going to try HA as soon as he gets his OBDLink LX. 

Anybody here wishing to contact priusfan and give HA a try?

Jan

#3 OFFLINE   Mister MMT

Mister MMT

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:41 PM

jdc just reported that HA works for his C-Max Hybrid, with the few known restrictions.

So, if you wish to test it on your C-Max Energi, just contact priusfan and ask him to send you a test apk and a guideline for setting it up.

Jan

#4 OFFLINE   Mister MMT

Mister MMT

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:18 AM

The Hybrid Assistant App and the companian Hybrid Reporter Apps for Android Systems is now fully functional for all Ford Hybrid and Energi models.

And recently, there have been a few additions which make its use in my eyes even more rewarding.

The "High Precision Fuel Chart" ​is one of them and there is also the inclusion in HA Reports of a series of Graphs. I appreciate most those showing the BSFC Values​ in colors and in combination with instantaneous fuel consumption. It is now possible to adapt its driving style in such a way that the ICE burns fuel in the most efficient way during driving!

You find everything in the "Blog Spot"​ of 2017/12/13.

I upload a few screenshots

And the Link to the corresponding HA Report.

And also one HA Report​ from a longer trip.

Everything is in metrics, but I hope you see the benefit.

Download first these html files from the Dropbox folder before opening them in your browser.

I recently saw similar reports from a Lexus IS 300h, and they displayed much more yellow and orange.

HA for Energi models is probably only useful if you do a lot of HV miles.

Jan

Attached Files

• sporkinum likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·