Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

By blue 2013 baby is gone

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,865 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

Today was the auction day for my old 2013 Cmax.  It sat at this yard after the insurance totaled it due to body damage (no mechanical damage ran and drove perfectly) and finally they got the salvage title for it and it went up for auction, sold to someone in Hungary mind you!!

Here is a link of the listing:

https://www.copart.com/lot/34330217/

It started out as no bids about a week ago, then someone bid $80, then it went to $100, then a couple of days ago it was $1200, then last night $1600, and then $2950 by this morning.  The auction's opening bid was $2950, and people started jumping in left and right bidding it up.  Mind you I watched many auctions before this one, many no-one even bid and cars went to the initial bidders of a couple of hundred bucks, one was $80.  Looks like there was alot of interest in mine (5 new bidders coming in, "this is a a hot lot" the auctioneer saying, even giving bonus time), bidders from Hungary, New York, California, Texas, Maryland, New Jersey and Jordan.  The winning bid was from Hungary at $5200, I'm going to miss her, I guess she's going to Europe!  I was hoping it would stay in the US so I could see her again some day, oh well.

I originally thought about buying it back and fixing it to drive around for my wife, but I wouldn't have paid more than $2,900 for it as the insurance offered it to me for $2,900 to buy my own car back.  As it stands now I'm very happy with the 2017 model, got myself a brand new HVB for not much money, and I'm sure the new owners of Maxie will be happy with her once they fix the body parts which should be very easy to do in my opinion.

-=>Raja.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   epic

epic

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationburnet ,texas
  • Current Vehicle:cmax energI

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

did you surender the factory110vcharger?

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,865 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

No, I still have it.  I was always in my garage and when I took the car in to get repaired I never expected the car to be totaled.

The car now has been moved to NJ, I expect it will be getting on transport to head to Hungary shortly.

-=>Raja.

#4 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,865 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:09 AM

This morning, finally, I got a notification that my Cmax Energi was fully charged!  Really?  So I go look online and its in Hungary as expected.  Fully charged and got about the same gas that was in it from I gave it up.  Looks like they just finished fixing it up and plugged it in to recharge.

Glad to see she's alive an well.  Someday if I travel to Hungary I'd love to track her down and take a picture :)

-=>Raja.

Attached Files

Edited by rbort, 07 December 2017 - 07:12 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationEmmaus, PA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:13 AM

They somehow got a US charger in Hungary to go with it, since Europe doesn't use J1772, right?

It's funny that you can still see it on MFM.

I found the spot on Google Streetview, looks like it's at a regular person's house and they're somehow plugging it in. Cool that it's being used as intended. I wonder if the new owner will do more research and set themselves up on MFM eventually, kicking you off.

Edited by ShoulderThingThatGoesUP, 07 December 2017 - 09:21 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:33 AM

They somehow got a US charger in Hungary to go with it, since Europe doesn't use J1772, right?

It's funny that you can still see it on MFM.

I found the spot on Google Streetview, looks like it's at a regular person's house and they're somehow plugging it in. Cool that it's being used as intended. I wonder if the new owner will do more research and set themselves up on MFM eventually, kicking you off.

I'm not sure about Hungary, but I believe that in most of Europe, the EVSEs have a socket, not a cord with a plug.  You are responsible for bringing your own cord that has whatever plug and capacity matches your vehicle.  I think J1772 is one of the common plugs at the car end, but the standard is the socket on the EVSE, not the socket on the car.

What's much more surprising to me is that the 3G modem made a connection in Europe and uploaded it's data.  I would not have expected the data connection to support international roaming outside North America.  This would seem to imply that the new owner in Hungary will be able to make use of the MyFordMobile features, except for the fact that I don't think you can select a European time zone.  Raja, maybe you should release the car from your account so that the new owner can activate it on their own account.

Edited by cwstnsko, 08 December 2017 - 06:38 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:15 AM

I'm also surpsied about the connectivity and roaming. My best educated guess is they made a good deal with AT&T for good rates with the assumption of low data/SMS usage for this application and allowed roaming for cases like travelling across the Canadian and Mexico borders. May have just forgot to take intercontinental roaming into account when the deal was penned and didn't expect anyone to toss their C-Max on a boat to another country.

#8 OFFLINE   spirilis

spirilis

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi SE Kona Blue

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:53 AM

Probably isn't too hard to design a type 2 Mekkenes to type 1 J1772 adapter if the pilot signals are similar. Main thing about the Euro connector is it supports 3-phase input (or 1-phase). They have a Tesla (AC, HPWC, not DC supercharger) to J1772 adapter too.

On the Focus Electric forum, the big surprise is how many lease returns have ended up in Jordan supposedly. Curious how all that business is happening... must be a big market overseas for USA "sloppy seconds" EVs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·