Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Not getting txt msgs since new Phone

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JeanLucBlue

JeanLucBlue

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX ENERGI

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

All,

I had to  replace my old phone due to damage and got a new LG K series on the T-Mobile network (much cheaper then Verizon). Anyway. i do not get any Notification Settings messages (charging, times etc)  sent to my phone now. 

I did everything I read on here from delegating the MFM account, to deleting phone on the car side mutiple times, etc. I can get the Notification Settings emailed to my userid but not the phone.  The phone works just fine with calls, recv'ing txts etc. 

The old phone worked just fine before it decided to die on me. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Richard

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:49 AM

Might want to check on the website in your account information and see if you changed the carrier information.

Based on prior experience it seems like they are sending text message notifications via carrier specific 'messaging' e-mail addresses. So if you did not change your profile off of Verizon, they are still sending your notifications to 5555555555@vtext.com for Verizon instead of 5555555555@tmomail.net for T-Mobile.

#3 OFFLINE   JeanLucBlue

JeanLucBlue

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

Hey cr08! Thanks for the reply back. I went into MFM and all I can find is where my phone number is correct.  I can only select T-mobile bubble and have no viewing/editing options or way to verify the number you mentioned above is being used.

Can you direct me more?  

#4 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

Not able to access the web site at the moment but the app looks a lot easier. Go to the menu and then Account. Drop down menu for carrier should be at the bottom. I'm able to change mine without a problem.

#5 OFFLINE   JeanLucBlue

JeanLucBlue

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

I did that, but you can only choose a carrier by clicking the bubble next to the name, I did that, but I cannot find out about the '5555555555@tmomail.net for T-Mobile' number you mentioned above to make sure it is using it. I can only assume that it is being used. You can't edit it. 

I did take a snap shot of my phone data within Sync and on the  'Device Info' screen and the parameters. I noticed the phone number listed is not the same as my phone number I use. According the what I find on the internet, it doesn't matter since this number is the number assigned to the phone at manufacturing time to identify the phone. The sim card is your phone number.  I txt'd the number and a person has it and I asked if they were getting my txt's messages and they said no. 

hhhhmmmmm

Attached Files

#6 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

Sorry, I should clarify. You will not see the mention of *@tmomail.net or *@vtext.com anywhere. I was just going into what they're likely using on the backend. The only thing of concern as a user is that carrier drop-down and ensuring T-Mobile is set.

As far as the mis-matched phone number is concerned, that also should not be an issue as long as the Account info on the MFM site or the app show your correct number. I actually have the same issue. I recently ported my number over to T-Mobile proper from an MVNO and the number listed on the SIM is not the one I ported. However calls and text messages still go to my actual ported number and outgoing calls come up as that number. I can't remember off-hand if the incorrect number still comes up in Sync or not. Though, with all that said, that screen should not affect MFM. That is purely for the Bluetooth side of Sync and won't affect your MFM account in any way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·