Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

What happens if car is left on

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   xochicasa

xochicasa

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMedford Ma
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C Max 2013

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

My husband actually left the car on for about 40 hours last month. He ignored the double beep and then we went away for the weekend. When we came home the car was in the street with the headlights on. Amazingly I was able to drive it back into the driveway. It was fine for about a month and now I'm getting message on console " system shutting down to save battery" .with a line graph on bottom which slowly fills. What actually happens if the car is left turned on? Cmax Energi 2013

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,767 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:33 PM

Nothing happens, its like driving the car 40 hours to SC and back.  If the HVB was full, it will run on that for many hours before having to start the engine.  Once the HVB is drained, then the engine will run every so often to recharge the HVB some and keep the hybird portion in the allowed range.

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   Perry Knopp

Perry Knopp

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 151 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationWV
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:FOrd

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:50 AM

About the warning.........that's the warning people get when eventually it doesn't start. You might search and read "dead battery" here and try some of the suggestions to try and avoid getting stranded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·