Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Poll for Energi Owners

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Energi owner experiences (167 member(s) have cast votes)

How long have you owned your Energi?

1. Less than 1 month (80 votes [47.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.90%

2. Between 1 month and 2 months (38 votes [22.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.75%

3. Between 2 months and 3 months (12 votes [7.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.19%

4. Greater than 3 months (37 votes [22.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.16%

How many problems/issues have you discovered that require repair?

1. 0 (106 votes [63.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.47%

2. 1 to 2 (51 votes [30.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.54%

3. 3 to 4 (7 votes [4.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.19%

4. Greater than 4 (3 votes [1.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.80%

Would you consider the repairs needed to be significant?

1. Yes (21 votes [12.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.57%

2. No (45 votes [26.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.95%

3. NA - No Repairs Needed (101 votes [60.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.48%

Did any of the problems/issues cause the car to be inoperable?

1. Yes (6 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. No (63 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. NA - No Problems/Issues (99 votes [58.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.93%

What type of problem needed repair?

1. No repair needed (107 votes [57.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.53%

2. Engine (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Electrical (21 votes [11.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.29%

4. Mechanical (6 votes [3.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

5. Software (31 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. Body (21 votes [11.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 1,645 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Had mine for about 4 months and 6000 miles now.  Had to get the dash replaced because the paint was chipping off of it.  Need to take it in and find out why the headlights don't come on with the wipers like the manual states and why there is no low washer fluid warning like the manual states.  Also need to get the gps looked at because half the time it says im not on route even on main highways that have been there for decades.  Wish it wasn't so hard to get the claimed 43mpg.  Seams like I really have to baby it to get the 43mpg usually get around 35mpg when I use just gas.  Usually manage to get about 25-30miles out of a charge tho. 

What was the issue with the paint on your dash ?  What part of the dash ? Got pictures ?

Edited by drdiesel1, 05 October 2013 - 02:23 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Cmax energi Oxford White 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Software flashes, the  B pillar, recall, and my power steering control module was replaced which was bummer.  I posted a thread on the steering control arm failure.  Still loving the vehicle despite the 1st model year hiccups, software flashes, and Navigation fails.

#43 OFFLINE   mrober10

mrober10

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationKentucky
  • Current Vehicle:CMax Energi

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

I've had my energi for less than a month now and LOVE it!!!  I only have 2 issues - one is the tailgate sensor to lift the hatchback.  This seems to be a common problem???  There are times when it won't open when I kick my foot under the bumper.  I had traded my CMax Hybrid in for the Energi - that one did not have the sensor and when I would push the button to open it there were times when it would not open.  So, possibly a combination of a "latch tightness" issue and sensor (lighting???) issue?  If you have black shoes and pants on and pavement is black then can the sensor detect when you wave your leg/foot under the car????  

Oh, and one other issue that I forgot was that I think the lower W/S wiper is touching or bumping the upper one when they are on - as I'll get a funny sound (cyclic) and noticed it right at the "maximum interference" position of the 2 wipers - but I'm not seeing a little jerk when the two touch.  I think I'll mark the upper one with some chalk in that area to confirm my theory.  

• MarionSpyder NY likes this

#44 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• 1,645 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

They have a software update for the rear hatch. Let the dealer know about the wipers and let them adjust the arms.

#45 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

The software flash took three uploads (on separate trips to the dealer) for my hatch to function (open and close after a kick) without failure.   I have had the hatch fail to close after pushing the button on the hatch on a few occasions.

Love the car despite the early adopter/first model year snafus.

Edited by altabrig, 26 October 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#46 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• 1,645 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

The software flash took three uploads (on separate trips to the dealer) for my hatch to function (open and close after a kick) without failure.   I have had the hatch fail to close after pushing the button on the hatch on a few occasions.

Love the car despite the early adopter/first model year snafus.

Impossible.

Software updates are 100% automated. It's programmed or it's not. No in-between can happen or the module will stop functioning.

Edited by drdiesel1, 26 October 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#47 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Impossible.

Software updates are 100% automated. It's programmed or it's not. No in-between can happen or the module will stop functioning.

Thanks that helps.  I have read your posts and you come across as an authoritative sage.  Great to have a professional who owns a max here on the site.

I am sure you know better than I do.  I am just letting folks know what happened with my car.  After two alleged flashes the hatch was still failing at a high rate.  Maybe it was never installed or they adjusted something mechanically.  Honestly I don't remember.

Surely, you'll be able to help when I decide to do the flashes myself in the future.  Can I download the 3.6 version and install it myself.

#48 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• 1,645 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Thanks that helps.  I have read your posts and you come across as an authoritative sage.  Great to have a professional who owns a max here on the site.

I am sure you know better than I do.  I am just letting folks know what happened with my car.  After two alleged flashes the hatch was still failing at a high rate.  Maybe it was never installed or they adjusted something mechanically.  Honestly I don't remember.

Surely, you'll be able to help when I decide to do the flashes myself in the future.  Can I download the 3.6 version and install it myself.

Thanks for the kind words :smile2:  I try to help those that accept a common sense approach to resolve issues.

As software updates happen very fast for first year vehicles. TSB's/SSM's happen almost as fast too.

It could be that they revised the first calibration file to correct something else they missed the first time.  The biggest problem is making sure the dealers techs update all the modules when performing calibration file updates. The PCM acts as a gateway with the IDS, but if a tech aims the tool at a specific module, only that module will be updated. It all depends on how they're paid. Flat rate techs have a tendency to just address the TSB/SSM and move on. Some will do all available updates, but that's usually done at an hourly paid shop. I know, I worked as an hourly tech for 38 yrs. Then the corp. took over and everything turned to shit. Dissatisfied customers left in droves. I left and never looked back.

I own my own shop and nothing takes president over doing the job right the first time. It's the only way to have a high customer satisfaction rate with happy customers that come back and speak well of the service they receive.

The 3.6.2 is a NAV only update and as long as you have the 3.5.1, you can do the 3.6.2 yourself.

Edited by drdiesel1, 26 October 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#49 OFFLINE   acallihan0618

acallihan0618

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationKansas
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

I bought my C-Max Energi in June 2013 after waiting for a year and looking at cars.  I love the body style but didn't get the color I wanted.  Within the first two months it would not charge.  My husband was not with me when I bought the car but he took it to the dealer for the first oil change and the problem that it would not charge.  The dealer told him there was a recall...hum, I ZERO notice of a recall?  Additionally, before this issue when I charged it with a normal house plug it would say it have 21 EV miles.  Now, after the repair, it only goes to 11 EV miles.  I have not had time to go back.  Not very happy because EV miles was the whole reason I bought the car! 

Since owning it and driving if now for a while I have noticed the dash is not fitted together as well as it should be.  The lift gate seems to never work for my husband but I don't have issues with it.  The truck space is too small.  The leg room is small in the rear seat but better than other cars of its type.  My phone was paired but now isn't and it won't recognize my phone now.  I HATE the voice command it makes me very angry.  I don't like that some options while driving are not available because the passenger could be entering them not the driver.

At times, I wish I would have went with my first choice when I started looking which was the Lexus CT-200h that gets 40 mph without plugging it in ever because I have never gotten over 38 mpg so far with my C-Max.  However, if my employer would let me plug it in at work I would get better mpg. 

#50 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

I bought my C-Max Energi in June 2013 after waiting for a year and looking at cars.  I love the body style but didn't get the color I wanted.  Within the first two months it would not charge.  My husband was not with me when I bought the car but he took it to the dealer for the first oil change and the problem that it would not charge.  The dealer told him there was a recall...hum, I ZERO notice of a recall?  Additionally, before this issue when I charged it with a normal house plug it would say it have 21 EV miles.  Now, after the repair, it only goes to 11 EV miles.  I have not had time to go back.  Not very happy because EV miles was the whole reason I bought the car! ...

acallihan0618,

I want to lend you a hand here. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll see how I can help!

Ashley

#51 OFFLINE   marleyk

marleyk

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSant Monica, CA
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

I haven't brought my car in yet for repairs because the problem is very minor. The driver's side window screeches loudly when rolling down, but not really when it rolls back up, it just kind of thumps. I'm not sure if it's the sticker residue in contact with the rubber sealing or if it's something mechanical.

#52 OFFLINE   daudette

daudette

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationOregon
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:10 AM

1. 12-volt battery drained dead overnight for no identifiable reason.  Found it is not an unknown issue.

2. rolled over a slightly raised curb in front while parking in a space.  It ripped off the gravel shield in the front.

3. Three flat tires which require "towing" due to having no spare.  "Emergency spare" is good enough to get you off the street and into a parking lot if there is on within about 500 feet.

4. Software failures.

#53 OFFLINE   fredf

fredf

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationdenver
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

I had a high voltage relay fail after about a year, car was at the dealer for a little over a month due to parts shortage.  I had a Ford Escape as a rental provided by the dealership.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·