Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Poll for Energi Owners

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Energi owner experiences (167 member(s) have cast votes)

How long have you owned your Energi?

1. Less than 1 month (80 votes [47.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.90%

2. Between 1 month and 2 months (38 votes [22.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.75%

3. Between 2 months and 3 months (12 votes [7.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.19%

4. Greater than 3 months (37 votes [22.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.16%

How many problems/issues have you discovered that require repair?

1. 0 (106 votes [63.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.47%

2. 1 to 2 (51 votes [30.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.54%

3. 3 to 4 (7 votes [4.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.19%

4. Greater than 4 (3 votes [1.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.80%

Would you consider the repairs needed to be significant?

1. Yes (21 votes [12.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.57%

2. No (45 votes [26.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.95%

3. NA - No Repairs Needed (101 votes [60.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.48%

Did any of the problems/issues cause the car to be inoperable?

1. Yes (6 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. No (63 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. NA - No Problems/Issues (99 votes [58.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.93%

What type of problem needed repair?

1. No repair needed (107 votes [57.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.53%

2. Engine (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Electrical (21 votes [11.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.29%

4. Mechanical (6 votes [3.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

5. Software (31 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. Body (21 votes [11.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 OFFLINE   peterwx

peterwx

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationblank
  • Current Vehicle:blank

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

Yes. Very simple to do. Read the manual.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   dr61

dr61

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationRedding, CA
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, Mini Cooper S ALL4

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

I filled out the poll; the one problem I noted was failure of the car to communicate with MyFordMobile. It required that I reset of the cell phone software by pulling and re-inserting fuse 67 as instructed by Ford Support.

#23 OFFLINE   reedrinn

reedrinn

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationAustin
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi - 303A

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

The only problem I have had was that the passenger-side rear-view mirror housing had about a 1" crack in it.  I discovered the crack about a month after delivery.  The dealer has ordered another housing and I will get it installed next week.

#24 OFFLINE   david3808

david3808

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Current Vehicle:CMax Energi

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

I've answered no repairs but only because I have not yet bothered to bring it in. Today it is for the second time in under a thousand miles gone into engine maintenance mode. The first time it stayed there for 24 hours, so far it is 18 today, but I am driving less today. I've also had an annoying number of blank screen to Sync updating experiences.

I have the same issue. When the engine maintenance light came on, there was a screen that asked me if I was still plugged in. I selected "No". It stayed on for my whole trip home -- 11 miles. Then when I came out 30 minutes later, the light was not on anymore.

I've had the blank center screen 2-3 times already, but once a notice appeared and said it was updating.

#25 OFFLINE   GadgetGirl

GadgetGirl

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX Energi, 1992 Ford Explorer

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

My only issues have been body related: 1) poor fitting trim and seal on the rear passenger door window - two internal screws were missing and 2) rear passenger door handle came off in my hand - has been replaced

I did have a third body related issue but that was my fault for driving through high water in the dark when we had flash flooding in April. It was a very bad day - first I messed up my bumper (I think I hit something in the water) and then the basement at our rental property got 32 inches of water which took out the furnace and hot water heater. April was a net loss despite getting significant tax refunds.

#26 OFFLINE   rhea

rhea

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationOkeechobee, FL
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

The only problem I have had was that the passenger-side rear-view mirror housing had about a 1" crack in it.  I discovered the crack about a month after delivery.  The dealer has ordered another housing and I will get it installed next week.

At least they didn't tell you that you cracked it when it hit something. That's what I was told when I showed them the scratches on my wheel (see #54). The service person and the manager are 100% sure it didn't leave the dealership like that; I'm only 99% sure it did. As long as it doesn't rust, I can live with it. There's absolutely no blemish on the tire itself. I thought maybe they could buff it smooth and put some sort of coating on it but was told they could do nothing about it. If any of you "car" folks out there have any tips, I'm anxious to learn. The handsfree liftgate is 6/6 now so I believe it's repaired. The carpet to replace the loose one in the cargo area is at the dealer's so that will be taken care of on Tuesday. All-in-all, not too bad. I love the car. 

#27 OFFLINE   dr61

dr61

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationRedding, CA
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, Mini Cooper S ALL4

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

I discovered an assembly error while checking the oil.  There are apparently two bolts that hold the ICE cold air intake to the front grill area.  The CAI was not attached.  I cable tied it in place and will have the dealer rectify it at first service.

#28 OFFLINE   Agapesong

Agapesong

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHonolulu
  • Current Vehicle:CMax Energi 302A

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

We have had "BlueBird" for 18 days. I gave her the full Zaino treatment at the beginning. This involves stroking her body EVERYWHERE like about 20 times. I can say that the finish is perfect except for one 1mm ding in the paint between the headlight and the grill. I'll probably repair it myself. The rear bumper guard took a small hit for an ugly gouge. This will need to replaced from time to time. MFT on my iPhone reads 2-3 miles higher range than on the car display. Sync has been almost perfect, exceeding my expectations. Rear gate seems to work normally but is mostly annoying and I use the buttons. We have driven 550 miles using 5.5 gallons of gas. Charging is great overnight using a stealth 110v extension cord from the apartment to the car.
I think I may have one problem with the ambient lighting. I am so far unable to change the colors and one side of the car is red and the other blue. It's a small funny glitch in a Fabulous Ride. Got XPlan + $750. This is a lot of very cool technology for just under $30K. We are VERY HAPPY.

#29 OFFLINE   j762538

j762538

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

I think I may have one problem with the ambient lighting. I am so far unable to change the colors and one side of the car is red and the other blue.

Did you have the door open when changing colors?

#30 OFFLINE   Agapesong

Agapesong

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHonolulu
  • Current Vehicle:CMax Energi 302A

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Ok so now I'm not so happy. The Bluetooth Sync has failed and will not connect to already paired phones. It has been having some intermittent connection issues ( brief cut outs) but now has failed entirely. Software? Hardware? Firmware? HELP!!

#31 OFFLINE   Gyrobob

Gyrobob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationNewnan

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

I don't like doing the waggling-foot dance behind the car, trying to get the hatch to open up.  Half the time it doesn't work to open or to close the hatch.

I had a problem with Sync always rebooting everytime I got in the car, but I downloaded and installed ver 3.6 and all those problems are gone.

I wanted an extra charging cord to carry in the car so I can leave one on the wall in the garage.  I called the dealer and he quoted me $706.  I about collapsed.  After much searching, I found one on ebay for $300,... still pretty pricey, but not so obscene as that Ford price.  Clipper Creek PCS-15, unused, item #261236805392. As of 9 Sep, they have four left.

Edited by Gyrobob, 09 September 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#32 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• 1,645 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

No problems with mine 03/13 build date. I did update all my modules when I got it home.

The sync 3.6.2 was the second thing I updated  :happy feet: 

#33 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,103 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

The Rear gate trunk Module reprogram(13B06) has cured my waggling-foot dance. Gate is now opening at the first try every time. One less reason for me looking stupid in public.

• altabrig likes this

#34 OFFLINE   Gyrobob

Gyrobob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationNewnan

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

No problems with mine 03/13 build date. I did update all my modules when I got it home.

The sync 3.6.2 was the second thing I updated  :happy feet:

What modules did you update?

#35 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• 1,645 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

What modules did you update?

All the onboard control modules :smile2: I have the Ford IDS scan tool. IT gives me dealer level capabilities for

diagnostics and programming. I'm in the automotive diagnostic and repair business. I do a lot of computer

programming for our local indy shops as well as diagnostic work they can't handle. I'm a specialty diagnostic

electrical shop. It's a niche market that I've exploited for a mobile business. I'm debating if I should open a shop.

Edited by drdiesel1, 10 September 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#36 OFFLINE   Gyrobob

Gyrobob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationNewnan

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

All the onboard control modules :smile2: I have the Ford IDS scan tool. IT gives me dealer level capabilities for

diagnostics and programming. I'm in the automotive diagnostic and repair business. I do a lot of computer

programming for our local indy shops as well as diagnostic work they can't handle. I'm a specialty diagnostic

electrical shop. It's a niche market that I've exploited for a mobile business. I'm debating if I should open a shop.

How do I find out which modules need updating?

#37 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,103 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

The first place I would look for module update information is the FordEtis web site.

http://www.etis.ford...eRegSelector.do

That is where I learned that I learned about  the Rear gate trunk Module reprogram(13B06) update. I don't have a scan tool. The dealer service center should be able to make sure you are up to date but it might be a bit of wishful thinking for them to be that proactive. It would depend on the dealer I guess.

#38 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• 1,645 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

You'll need to read the current calibration file numbers of all the modules. PCM, BCM, BECM, ETC.  Then you'll need to look up the current available calibrations.

My IDS does it automatically when I go into module programming. My subscription looks at the Ford website and

finds all the available updates for me. Otherwise, you'll need to do it manually. You'll also need a subscription to access that data info too.

The best hope you have would be to pay a dealer tech to update your car. Otherwise, they won't even look for you.

This was my available data updates on 8/19/2013, plus I had two more available for the BCM and the IPC

Attached File  20130819_195139.jpg   94.83KB   5 downloads

I think I'll go and check for more updates.  It's been almost 4 weeks :wink:

Edited by drdiesel1, 10 September 2013 - 05:51 PM.

#39 OFFLINE   outerdog

outerdog

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationCupertino, CA
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

A tiny bit of paint knocked off near wheel well.

#40 OFFLINE   Saltcritters

Saltcritters

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:C-max energi

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Had mine for about 4 months and 6000 miles now.  Had to get the dash replaced because the paint was chipping off of it.  Need to take it in and find out why the headlights don't come on with the wipers like the manual states and why there is no low washer fluid warning like the manual states.  Also need to get the gps looked at because half the time it says im not on route even on main highways that have been there for decades.  Wish it wasn't so hard to get the claimed 43mpg.  Seams like I really have to baby it to get the 43mpg usually get around 35mpg when I use just gas.  Usually manage to get about 25-30miles out of a charge tho. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·