Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Poll for Energi Owners

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Energi owner experiences (167 member(s) have cast votes)

How long have you owned your Energi?

1. Less than 1 month (80 votes [47.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.90%

2. Between 1 month and 2 months (38 votes [22.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.75%

3. Between 2 months and 3 months (12 votes [7.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.19%

4. Greater than 3 months (37 votes [22.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.16%

How many problems/issues have you discovered that require repair?

1. 0 (106 votes [63.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.47%

2. 1 to 2 (51 votes [30.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.54%

3. 3 to 4 (7 votes [4.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.19%

4. Greater than 4 (3 votes [1.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.80%

Would you consider the repairs needed to be significant?

1. Yes (21 votes [12.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.57%

2. No (45 votes [26.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.95%

3. NA - No Repairs Needed (101 votes [60.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.48%

Did any of the problems/issues cause the car to be inoperable?

1. Yes (6 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. No (63 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. NA - No Problems/Issues (99 votes [58.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.93%

What type of problem needed repair?

1. No repair needed (107 votes [57.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.53%

2. Engine (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Electrical (21 votes [11.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.29%

4. Mechanical (6 votes [3.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

5. Software (31 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. Body (21 votes [11.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Frankman

Frankman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Volt

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Please share your Energi repairs needed to help potential future buyers make a more informed decision.

Edited by Frankman, 19 January 2013 - 08:56 AM.

• MarionSpyder NY likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   DonS

DonS

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationusa
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

I've answered no repairs but only because I have not yet bothered to bring it in. Today it is for the second time in under a thousand miles gone into engine maintenance mode. The first time it stayed there for 24 hours, so far it is 18 today, but I am driving less today. I've also had an annoying number of blank screen to Sync updating experiences.

#3 OFFLINE   Tdefny

Tdefny

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Vehicle:'13 C-Max Energi, '02 Prius, '00 Town & Country

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

The only item on my list is the automatic tailgate and I wouldn't rush into the dealer for that. Oh yeah, I forgot about the crappy speech recognition of Synch and what about MFM? Other than that I rate the quality extremely highly.

I am hoping the issues I have been reading on the hybrid forum are the exceptions and not representative. Ford did a nice job here and I really want them to succeed.
  • fwroberts likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Frankman

Frankman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

I put this poll in the Test area because I wasn't sure that I set it up properly.  It does seem to work and I'm wondering if there is a way to transfer it out of the test area and into one of the main areas of this forum?  If anyone has suggestions for revisions to the questions please post.  The forum limits the number of questions in a poll to 5.

#5 OFFLINE   Tdefny

Tdefny

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

The area shouldn't matter much, but just create a new one in the desired area if you feel that you must. I think folks are going to hit it either way.

#6 OFFLINE   C-MAX Guide

C-MAX Guide

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 90 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDearborn, Michigan
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

I put this poll in the Test area because I wasn't sure that I set it up properly.  It does seem to work and I'm wondering if there is a way to transfer it out of the test area and into one of the main areas of this forum?  If anyone has suggestions for revisions to the questions please post.  The forum limits the number of questions in a poll to 5.

Nice poll.  Moved to a new section - Bill. :wink:

#7 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationDetroit
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Me= 2014 C-Max Energi 302a, White platinum metallic. wife= 2014 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

My car overall is great. But 2 days after delivery I washed it and started looking even closer and noticed quite a few imperfections in the paint on the hood. I took back to dealer and they took it immediately and put me in a loner. I heard them talking saying they only have 48 hours from when it comes off the truck to submit damage or other issues to ford. I got the feeling that the prep dept was going to get an ass chewing for missing what turned out to be pretty obvious. I looked really close when I took delivery but there was a light coat of dust on it and that made it hard to see. Was kinda like a tease having it like 2 days and now I don't. :(

#8 OFFLINE   Tdefny

Tdefny

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I hate to hear stories like that. My dealer was busy as could be replacing cars lost in Sandy, but my car was perfect and sparkling when I picked it up. I guess "your mileage may vary" applies to more than energy consumption.

By the way, I have been meaning to ask your impressions between thie Energi and the PIP. Both are great cars, but very different styles. What is your experience? I test drove the PIP, but didn't seriously consider it because the EV range was to short for my commute and because I had already become obsessed with the Energi. If I couldn't get the Energi before the end of the year, I likely would have ended up with a regular Prius or Max in the spring or an Energi later in the year.

#9 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationDetroit
  • Current Vehicle:Me= 2014 C-Max Energi 302a, White platinum metallic. wife= 2014 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Well the PIP is nice to be sure. My wife's gas usage even with a 50 mile round trip has dropped huge! She uses like 4 gallons a week instead of about 16 coming out of her mercury mariner. :) but as far as how the 2 drive is like nite and day. The energi is so smooth compared to the prius. It's not even a close comparison. Of course the energi also has what I think 50 some horsepower more than the PIP so that helps. But when your driving the prius no matter what you know when the engine comes on. Where as the energi sometimes if I'm not looking at the display I don't even realize it has come on or gone off. Ford really did an excellent job smoothing it out. Now we took the PIP up to Vegas and its not a bad road car. Fairly comfortable and quiet unless your climbing a good sized hill. I guess for me she really likes her prius so I don't have to worry that she is going to steal my energi. Lol :) also I really like the interior lay out of the energi. Very well designed for the most part.

Edited by astrand1, 18 January 2013 - 09:32 PM.

• hybridbear and macmic6 like this

#10 OFFLINE   cerulean

cerulean

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 300A

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

We've had our Energi for less than a month and have not had problems except for the clock resetting.  I tried completing the survey but because I had no problems requiring repairs, I could not answer the 3rd question so when I hit "Vote" the survey is rejected.  The 3rd question and probably the 4th need to be optional or allow the choice "not applicable" or the only people able to complete the survey will have had problems, skewing the survey .

#11 OFFLINE   Frankman

Frankman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Questions 3 & 4 have been revised to include an NA choice as cerulean suggested.

Note that question 2 asks for the number of issues that require repair. If does not matter if you brought your Energi to the dealer yet to be serviced unless you never plan to do so which would mean you don't consider that it is a problem.

#12 OFFLINE   sean.havins

sean.havins

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationLoveland, Colorado, USA, Earth, Sol
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

MyFordTouch and the taigate sensor failure. both are chronic and, as yet, unfixable. reminds me of a joke that I think Ill post in another thread...

#13 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Well I got "Fireball" back and am so excited. They did an amazing job on my hood. They did not even have to repaint it. I thought for sure after seeing it that it would have to be repainted, as did the service manager. So glad that they did not touch the paint other than to buff it.  :smile2:

#14 OFFLINE   Patton556

Patton556

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLos angeles
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

I got a check engine light after 5 days of ownership. It needed to stay over the weekend as the Tech was off Sat-Mon. They couldn't make it repeat the cooling sensor fault, but put in a new sensor to be safe, 800 miles later, no issue. As a proud Ford and only American Fords owner, my pride was hurt. Good luck to everyone, I love ours.

• hybridbear likes this

#15 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:C Max Energi

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

Today is our 1 month anniversary of ownership. Hopefully I am not jinxing our car but we have only had one incident, that several have reported, happen to us so far: we lost our Sirius presets and had to redo. So far the car is solid :smile2: .

• hybridbear likes this

#16 OFFLINE   rtshinn

rtshinn

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Energi 302a+Sunroof

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

Navigation is so far off, it's of no use.

The mytouch software isn't great in general.

Otherwise, the car is great.

Edited by rtshinn, 19 February 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   csl230

csl230

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Had our Energi for about 7 weeks. No problems other than: 1. the foot-kick to open /close the tail gate doesn't always work. I am hopeful that Ford will come up with a fix since the close tail gate button is beyond the reach of my wife (the placement was a design miss for shorter drivers). The operational problems of this have been well documented and described in this forum. 2. having to go back to the dealer for attaching the front license plate. I couldn't find anything in the manual, the plate frame package, or on-line so I asked the dealer when I stopped by to pick up back-ordered floor mats. They said you had to drill it in and just did it for me while I waited at no charge. I realize that the plate spoils the "Aston-Martin" grill look but I don't want to get pulled over for a fix-it ticket.

I am enjoying the car and pleased to have driven 817 miles and still have about 35% of the original tank of gas left. Once I figured out turning off the heater to add EV miles I am now at 90 MPG - mostly drive short trips to commute train station or errands. 

• hybridbear likes this

#18 OFFLINE   j762538

j762538

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

The hatch height is adjustable.

#19 OFFLINE   Frankman

Frankman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

When we picked up our Energi yesterday we happened to notice a black mark in the front bumper.  Upon closer inspection it wasn't a mark, it was a divot in the white bumper skin.  It was pretty small but still noticeable from 5 feet away because the hole is black and the paint is white.  The dealer put the repair on the Due Bill when we signed the contract so it will be fixed by the dealer.  The car was just removed from the transport truck when we got it so I assume that the divot occurred while in transit.  Other than that, the car great.

Edited by Frankman, 07 March 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#20 OFFLINE   KeiJidosha

KeiJidosha

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi SG/LS w/ 303A

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

The hatch height is adjustable.

Powered Hatch opening hight is adjustable? Mine will hit the garage door unless I can limit it. Is it in the manual how to set?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·