Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

MFM will not Update...suggestions?

mfm not updating

Best Answer altabrig , 19 July 2017 - 07:25 AM

Disconnect of positive worked! MFD setting want from a 2010 date and no value charge to my previous settings and MFM BACK ONLINE!

The positive clamp is bulky and awkward in the tight space - that is all. To do it right, removing the negative clamp require removing the air vents with multiple push pins, torx bolts, etc.

The failure to sync and remote start alerts came through and a false Chunk fully charged came through at plug in with only 14% on the HVB. Otherwise all is working with MFM!

I have almost chopped the plug and put on a heavy duty. Not sure to go with 15 or 20 amp and don't want to screw with it yet being this is the second cable in less than four years. Due to the fact that both have failed in the same manner, I plan on seeking some recourse and don't want to void that attempt via DIY plug mod. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   OurEvolution

OurEvolution

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationEureka
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

Thanks very much Daniel for figuring all this out.  I've been running our C-Max back and forth to the dealer for months and am hoping that today's visit will be the one where they finally figure it out.  So far they're insisting they can't figure out the problem because their scanners tell them it's running the correct software but I haven't been able to get them to verify it's actually the correct modem that was installed during the recall a year ago.   If it's still not working when I pick it up this afternoon you can bet I'll be digging out that TCU to verify the part number myself later tonight.

Update: Dealer got the part this morning so I took the car over and they replaced the TCU/Internal Modem. It's back on MyFordMobile now and working perfectly.

So - important notes for anyone troubleshooting this. The part # on your TCU probably starts with GM5T. It seems this old part # sticker is still used on the new TCUs and in Ford's parts ordering system it is still starts with GM5T and the "engineering part number" (some sort of internal number) also starts with GM5T but the new part number starts with GM5Z in some of the recall paperwork. Super confusing for the service writers and techs - Ford is really not doing the dealerships any favors in the way they are handling this recall.

There is another part number sticker on the TCU, I didn't get the whole part # but the important two characters are AD or AG. If you see AD - you have the OLD hardware and it will not work. Even though the TCU takes the new programming and the onboard diagnostics say all is good - IT IS NOT GOOD. The diagnostics are lying. You need the "AG" part number.

I will try to get my TCU back out and take pictures of these part number stickers but in the meantime if anyone is having trouble getting their dealership to be able to fix your MFM problem tell them to make sure the correct TCU is installed - just because they did the recall doesn't mean they used the right hardware.

If you just can't get them to understand, tell them to look for notes from a technician named Tucker at Rowe Ford in Westbrook, Maine. He and I figured this out and he should be able to explain this all to the service department at any dealership who is struggling with this fiasco.

Good luck to all, I'll keep monitoring this thread for questions.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   OurEvolution

OurEvolution

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationEureka

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

The most recent trip I provided the service manager a printout of this thread and finally got them to visually verify the part number on the TCU currently actually physically installed in my car, and what do you know:  it is NOT the specified replacement. 

Thanks again to danielmcross...you nailed it.  My car's not fixed yet but when it finally is you get full credit for figuring out the problem.  I just hope others suffering the same fate see this thread before wasting as much time on it as I have.

Thanks very much Daniel for figuring all this out.  I've been running our C-Max back and forth to the dealer for months and am hoping that today's visit will be the one where they finally figure it out.  So far they're insisting they can't figure out the problem because their scanners tell them it's running the correct software but I haven't been able to get them to verify it's actually the correct modem that was installed during the recall a year ago.   If it's still not working when I pick it up this afternoon you can bet I'll be digging out that TCU to verify the part number myself later tonight.

Edited by OurEvolution, 26 December 2017 - 03:41 PM.

#43 OFFLINE   OurEvolution

OurEvolution

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationEureka

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

Finally got the correct modem installed on Dec 28 and can now connect to MFM, with most functions working.  However I just realized the time zone settings are incorrect, off by 8 hours based on (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (I'm in California).   This obviously throws off both the value charge and go times settings.   I've seen others post about similar problems on the MFM forum.  Has anybody here experienced the same?  If so, did you fix it and how?

#44 OFFLINE   spirilis

spirilis

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMaryland
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi SE Kona Blue

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:47 PM

The MFM website's time is all messed up. I complained to their support and an update was supposed to happen in December but it hasn't yet.

The MFM android app seems to have the correct time and I have been successful at setting GO times using it. The app has other bugs that get on my nerves but doing a force-stop on the app and re-launching it clears that up.
  • cr08 likes this

#45 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationEmmaus, PA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:56 AM

The times on MFM are definitely screwed up, but Go Times use the car's clock, as I discovered when the DST switch happened. I don't know about Value Charge but hopefully those use the car's clock too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·