Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

50,000 Mile Experience Reports

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Shorttack

Shorttack

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationWestport, MA; Savannah, GA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Energi 303A

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:05 PM

This is the place to report your 50,000 total miles in your C-max Energi, any year.

• What numbers are you getting?
  • What problems have you had?
  • What's your overall experience been?
  • Would you buy this car again? Why?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Shorttack

Shorttack

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationWestport, MA; Savannah, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Energi 303A

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:26 PM

I hit 50,000 today in my 2013 Energi put on the road in January 2013. Yeah! After first-year electronic teething problems (towed to shop; new circuit boards), the car has been very solid. Replaced tires. Brakes still in excellent condition (pads and rotors).

City Share: 71%, mostly on semi-rural roads with few stop signs and traffic lights.

Highway Share: 29%, mostly interstates at the posted limits or above.

Energy Use: 63.5 MPGe. Mid-30's to 44 on the highway, over 100 around town. Heat and air conditioning can be major milage detractors.

EV Miles: 35,558 miles. That's higher than expectation at purchase.

Regen Miles: 4,019 means 8% of my miles are free as they come from coast-down and braking. Impressive. Brake Score 96.

Fuelly.com has tracked 47,500 miles and 63 fill-ups. Lifetime Miles Per Gallon (not MPGe) is 125 MPG. I've spent over $1,500 on gas at an average over $2.50 a gallon, an average $.031 per mile on gas. I haven't added up all the kilowatts of electricity, but the cost was around 20 cents in Massachusetts and now 15 cents in Georgia (summer rates; winter is 5 cents lower).

What I don't like:

• the battery hump is a pain to get things over and limits trunk space. Nevertheless, the car holds a lot with seats down.
  • the electric-motor startup at a stoplight leaves me wanting a Tesla; I do worst in Ford's acceleration scores, better in cruising and braking.

I would buy this car again. It fits my driving patterns to a tee, is holding up well (except on resale value), and is fun to drive.

• Xmp99 likes this

#3 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

Just passed 50k on mine. Bought it with 42k and tacked on 5k with a road trip end of May.

Pretty happy with it. Haven't had any issues in the past 4 months outside of the MFT APIM going bad but that was covered under the 12M02 warranty extension. Highway EV Later driving I can easily get 42mpg avg with AC and cruise set ~5mph above the speed limit. Eco Cruise and hill assist always on during highway drives.

My normal daily commute is all EV. Usually about 4.5mi each way if not counting any errand runs. Generally try not to run AC unless it is pretty hot or humid out. I actually topped at 172mpge a day last week. Normally avg around 150mpge. As a result I always get a 24-25mi range estimate on a full charge every morning. Haven't yet had a chance to do a single run full drain to get an idea of the kwh capacity.

Brakes seem a-ok. Tires I feel will probably need to be looked at before winter sets in. Taking off on wet roads seem to lose traction easily if I don't watch my acceleration. I generally try to keep things at 2 bar or below.

Cargo capacity really hasn't turned me off that much. Majority of time time I really don't carry much but when I do it fits pretty easily. Made a trip up to the lake for a small picnic over the holiday and was able to fit 4 adults, 2 coolers, and a small box of snacks quite comfortably. Our road trip I got a Ecohitch installed and used a Curt cargo box largely for luggage and left the hatch open for food, drinks, and some pricier items I rather have safe inside the car. Round trip then I averaged about 37mpg with some sizable leadfoot and brake-spike driving from my 2 cohorts. I'm personally happy with the mileage coming from an '07 Focus that topped out at 25mpg on a good day.

My only minor complaint I've had so far is when filling up at the gas pump, the pumps seem to like clicking off constantly on me at a couple stations I go to. And doesn't happen at all of them. Those times are frustrating as I usually have to guess how much fuel to put in and not overflow.

Given the current future of this car, probably would not buy again. Mostly because I plan to keep it until Ford is well into their timeline for big EV plans and given the '17/'18 MYs are the end of the line and not a huge change, there's not a big upgrade there. I anticipate, at the very least, looking into the potential of a PHEV Escape as my next vehicle.

#4 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,237 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:22 PM

I've had mine for 4 years 73k+ miles and no issues whatsoever with it.  Its been great on gas and net me 69.4mpg lifetime.  My battery can still put out more than 5kwh, I haven't drained it 100% lately but I anticipate about 5.2 to 5.3 out of it.  

I'm opposite you guys though, they are getting rid of the Cmax after next year I want to get a new one.  I really love this car can't see myself in another at the moment I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

-=>Raja.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·