Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Key Fob Information

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JnTX

JnTX

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:51 PM

Here are some things I have learned that may be useful to others:

1.  The Energi uses what is called the Euro key fob.  It looks identical to fobs used on other Ford products but is electrically different than the Edge, F150, etc.  It even has the same FCC ID as those other fobs which leads to a lot of confusion on eBay.  I think only the Escape and Focus EV use the same fob as the Energi.  If you are buying a used fob, be sure it has 7812A-xxxx on the right side under the mechanical key head.

2.  The Energi fob has two electronic key plus the mechanical key.  If you look on the right side of the steering column, you will see a notch with a radiation symbol under it.  When the proximity key isn't working (maybe has a dead battery), you can hold the fob in the slot and the car will sense the transponder key in the fob.  You can still drive the car with a dead battery in the fob.

3.  You can make a more traditional door key from one of the Focus ignition keys available on eBay.  You have to cut 7mm off of the ignition key to make it the correct length for a door key.  It is difficult to find someone to cut an eBay sidewinder key.  The cutters are expensive and they want to sell you the key blank to help pay off their investment.  I have been able to cut my own keys but you have to have a lathe.  Here is a link to how I cut sidewinder keys: 

https://drive.google...d2haSHFhZHZVZTQ

• tr7driver and Jonathan Ezor like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·