Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Engine Run Hours for Oil change purpose.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dickcdavis

dickcdavis

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLake Havasu City
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi (WhiteLightning)

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:33 PM

2013 C-Max Energi, how can I tell the number of hours the gas engine has run? Is there anywhere in the computer that keeps track of this information? It would be nice to know for the purpose of oil changes. I had one tank of gas with 3600 miles before a fill up, so miles is not as important as hours. :wink:

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 481 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

When it is time it will come up and tell you it is time to change the oil.  I personally would do it once a year just so you did not get condensation in the oil.  No easy way to tell if oil is at 50% or 90%

#3 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:59 PM

I was not able to find find any parameter for tracking the accumulated total amount of time the ICE had been running. The closest I got was a parameter called Engine Run Time. As it turned out this was really the elapsed time since the car was turned on. It reset to zero each time the car was started.

If you are not using the ICE very often then changing the oil avery 2 years  and/or 20k miles will likely work well. During the first couple of years I was driving 90% EV. After 18 months and 20k  (3500 ICE miles) miles the oil was changed and it still looked light brown. A bit more ICE driving during the second 20k miles and the oil still was not very dark at the second oil change. Also at 40k miles the ICE air filter was changed and the original still looked close to new.

Tom

#4 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:00 PM

When it is time it will come up and tell you it is time to change the oil.  I personally would do it once a year just so you did not get condensation in the oil.  No easy way to tell if oil is at 50% or 90%

You can read the actual percentage with FORScan and an appropriate OBD reader. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·