I bought mine at Kelly Ford in Beverly. They still cannot reproduce the problem so I'm picking it up tomorrow.
I called 1-800 lemon law. They were actually quite nice but after explaining the situation to them, they felt I did not have a case given that the car has very low miles and is driven 5 miles/day. They felt Ford could make the case that the car is not being driven enough. Never mind the fact that our previous car did the same commute with no problems over 4 years, and the loaner we have from the dealer starts every time we get it. (the loaner is an Escape).
I'm going to suggest to my wife that we switch cars for awhile. I have a 120 mile round trip commute so THAT should put some miles on it. We'll see what happens.
Also, we looked at my wife's Ford Pass app and we see the following messages. Nowhere can I find from Ford what these messages mean and how to remedy them, especially the "12 volt battery is low" message.
Does anyone know? I'm looking for answers from Ford, not any guesses. Any help would be appreciated.
- 07/19/2017 4:31:11 pmElla: Your vehicle is scheduled to begin charging soon and needs to be plugged in.
- 07/14/2017 2:20:30 pmElla: Charge complete
- 07/13/2017 8:20:29 pmElla: 12-volt battery is low
- 07/13/2017 8:14:37 pmElla: 12-volt battery is low
- 07/10/2017 8:32:59 pmElla: Your vehicle had an accidental unplug while charging.
- 07/06/2017 1:31:13 pmElla: Your vehicle is scheduled to begin charging soon and needs to be plugged in.
- 07/06/2017 12:46:04 pmElla: Charge complete
- 07/06/2017 6:42:13 amElla: Your vehicle is scheduled to begin charging soon and needs to be plugged in.
- 07/06/2017 6:28:19 amElla: 12-volt battery is low
- 07/06/2017 6:27:46 amElla: 12-volt battery is low
- 07/05/2017 9:11:38 pmElla: 12-volt battery is low