Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Navigation SD A8 for '13-'15 Available

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 503 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:01 AM

I check once in a while and A8 is finally available after what seemed ages on A7. Will ask the wife if she wants it...

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:10 AM

I'm still on A4, might be nice to double up the version to A8.    Trouble is that they want so much money for it.  Maybe ebay would be a better place to get one.

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:15 AM

I'm still on A4, might be nice to double up the version to A8.    Trouble is that they want so much money for it.  Maybe ebay would be a better place to get one.

-=>Raja.

I just upgraded the Focus from an A3 to A6 for $20 on ebay.  I can live with two versions back.

#4 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:20 AM

Oh shit you just reminded me.  By buddy did the same, he got an A6 on Ebay.  Then, later he took his car in for service, and someone downgraded him from A6 back to A3 without his knowledge.  He found out about a month later and he didn't even bother to talk to the dealer as he figured it would be a waste of time and he would get BS about it.  It was a Ford Lincoln dealer in CT about 80 miles away.  He needed to go there to get the modem replaced.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 23 June 2017 - 07:21 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:42 AM

That's pretty rotten of the dealer to swap his SD card?

#6 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:45 AM

Yeah no shit, probably some kid working there figured it was a free upgrade for him and swapped it out for his.   Not the dealer but one of the dishonest employees in essence.

-=>Raja.

#7 OFFLINE   sporkinum

sporkinum

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationIllinois
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:08 AM

If A8 is out, the A7 should be cheaper on Ebay, or will be soon enough. I'll keep my eyes open. Still on A4.

A8 is $130 on ebay. Probably same at dealer.

Edited by sporkinum, 23 June 2017 - 08:10 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 503 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:03 AM

Oh shit you just reminded me.  By buddy did the same, he got an A6 on Ebay.  Then, later he took his car in for service, and someone downgraded him from A6 back to A3 without his knowledge.  He found out about a month later and he didn't even bother to talk to the dealer as he figured it would be a waste of time and he would get BS about it.  It was a Ford Lincoln dealer in CT about 80 miles away.  He needed to go there to get the modem replaced.

-=>Raja.

I am concerned about buying from any place but www.navigation.com.

I just got an A8 from Amazon, sold by a vendor but fulfilled by Amazon.  The card itself, including the white label with "A8", looks original.  It does not come in the original plastic sleeve packaging, just a generic SD card protective plastic case.  I opened the Version.txt file and the last two lines read

Version=A8

Map=20120822

Map=20120822 is exactly the same as the original B5 I purchased direct from NavTeq/Here.  When I pulled up the version on the Navigation screen it says "B5".  B5 is USA and Mexico, so I tried setting Vancouver BC city center as a destination and it does have the proper data it seems.

I am not interested in promoting piracy so if anyone who may have an A8 card could you please pull up the version on your Nav screen and verify that it says "A8" like it should?

I will return it if I can validate somehow that it is a pirated copy.

Thank you, and take care!

#9 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 503 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:45 AM

Packed and delivered to local Kohl's to return to Amazon.....

#10 OFFLINE   JeanLucBlue

JeanLucBlue

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX ENERGI

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

I just got and loaded in my new "2018 LATEST A8 SYNC Navigation SD Card GM5T-19H449-AB" and it has worked great for the few times I have tried it. The display is different in that when you get to a fwy split the right half of the display (on sync screen) shows it separate than the left half with the whole road picture (if this makes sense). Also, the right display (of speedometer) that usually shows the leafs and compass, shows the road you need coming up and the distance to it. Thought it was cool. Didn't expect these differences but I like  them.

I jumped from the original 2013 SD card to this new one. Paid $47.99 for it from dbrandshop on EBAY.

Thanks,

#11 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 832 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:03 AM

I just got and loaded in my new "2018 LATEST A8 SYNC Navigation SD Card GM5T-19H449-AB" and it has worked great for the few times I have tried it. The display is different in that when you get to a fwy split the right half of the display (on sync screen) shows it separate than the left half with the whole road picture (if this makes sense). Also, the right display (of speedometer) that usually shows the leafs and compass, shows the road you need coming up and the distance to it. Thought it was cool. Didn't expect these differences but I like  them.

I jumped from the original 2013 SD card to this new one. Paid $47.99 for it from dbrandshop on EBAY.

Thanks,

Interesting.  Can't recall if I have A6 or 7, but this sounds like the same things I have on my 2013.  Didn't realize they were upgrades from the A4 I had before, but I guess I didn't use it a ton before the upgrade...

#12 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 503 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:25 AM

Thanks,

On the navigation/SYNC screen, can you please pull up the version?  For some reason though the card label said A8, the version pulled up said B5....  Thanks.

#13 OFFLINE   JeanLucBlue

JeanLucBlue

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

I went to my car and I could only find this information: Navigation 16777215 and Navigation Application Version 3.48.9. 

The number on my old SD card reads "DM5T-19H449-AB" USA / CAN  A4". There is a difference then what I noted above but I do not know if the difference is related to it being new version. 

Thanks

#14 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 503 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:12 AM

I went to my car and I could only find this information: Navigation 16777215 and Navigation Application Version 3.48.9. 

The number on my old SD card reads "DM5T-19H449-AB" USA / CAN  A4". There is a difference then what I noted above but I do not know if the difference is related to it being new version. 

Thanks

Thank you Jean Luc for trying to check this for me!  (The data seemed new on the one I got, I just found it unusual that the system recognizes it as a "B5", so I returned it).

I went out to our '13 this morning to check.

I found it:

Towards the bottom of the infotainment screen there is a "tab" with two sprockets/gears

Once selected there are tabs on the left, the bottom one is "Help"

First line on top is "System Information"

The bottom line on the first page of System Information (for the '13, not sure if they changed the menus on the '14 you have)

"Map Database Version:"

Hopefully yours says "A8".

I tried opening the file to change the "MAP" number, and the Nav no longer recognized the SD Card.  Then I tried to change it back to the original number, and it still no longer recognized the SD Card.  I then copied the file from our B5 card over, and the Nav recognized the new card again, but as a "B5".  I realized it was most likely a hack copy, so I returned it...

Edited by jzchen, 17 January 2018 - 06:19 AM.

#15 OFFLINE   JeanLucBlue

JeanLucBlue

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:40 PM

Thank you jzchen, I checked and it does show A8.  You may want to get one from the site I used. 

#16 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 503 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:33 AM

Thank you jzchen, I checked and it does show A8.  You may want to get one from the site I used. 

And thanks for taking time to check for me!!!  Glad it worked out for you.  (On to eBay for me...)

Jesse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·