Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Modem Replacement 15N04

modem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cmwv

cmwv

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUSA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:31 PM

I've tried twice to get the modem replaced on my C-max. First dealer failed to provide promised loaner car, so I left. Second dealer said they couldn't order replacement without first testing current modem. What scared me is that the second dealer said they have to take the rear end of the car apart to reach the modem, a process that would take half a day. Is this correct? Seems like the modem would be in an accessible location. Since I don't use My Ford Mobile, I am beginning to think it may not be worth the risk of messing something else up. Does anyone know the modem location and the process of getting the old one out and new one in?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:12 AM

Its behind the panel behind the left back door.  I saw the guy working on mine, he sort of popped the trim open and reached in through there.  Got it out an got it replaced, though I don't think he put all the screws back as its hard to work through there.  I heard some screw fall when I pushed the panel all the way back in as he didn't pop in back into place 100%.

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   Viper001

Viper001

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:39 AM

I have a story to report on getting my modem replaced under this recall. We just bought the car about 3 weeks ago and I knew going in it needed this and the door latch recalls done. Scheduled a service visit with a Ford dealership that I have heard good reports about. We dropped the car off and when we returned to get it the service advisor was going through the 4 items we requested to be done, and he gets to the modem one and says "Oh yea, we didn't do this because we spoke with Ford and they said they will only replace the modem if we are having a problem..". I kind of look blankly at the guy and asked him why he didn't call me then because he had my cell number, but in any case we were certainly having a problem because AT&T turned off all the 2G cell service in the area back in January so we have not even been able to connect to the car once to get it registered. "Oh" he says. So we schedule a return visit, somewhat miffed. My wife goes to pick up the car from that second visit and calls me to say they didn't replace the modem that time either, "They tried to update the existing modem and it wouldn't take...". Because, you know, you can do a software update on a piece of hardware and it will magically become a different piece of hardware. :-(

Third visit they finally replaced it and all is working fine. I understand the dealers are instructed to push back on doing this update and I'm getting that Ford is miffed about paying for all this but if you issue a recall you should be honoring that by doing the work.

Other than that debacle we are loving the car. it's a used 2014 with about 20k miles. In almost 4 weeks of ownership we still have almost half a tank of gas in it that the dealer put in there for us, we are pushing 70 or 80 MPG at this point.

#4 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:35 AM

I'm not sure how much of it is Ford itself pushing back as it is just stupid dealers.  My experiences have led me to believe that good dealers with good techs are exceedingly rare.

• Viper001 likes this

#5 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:01 AM

Yeah, I'm also with the stupid dealers bit. My local dealer is EV Certified (granted not sure how much that matters on these things) and all my recalls including the door latch and modem recalls were done with zero issues, in and out once they had the parts in stock and the modem worked right away and has been since then without needing any followups. And they ended up replacing my APIM under the 12M02 warranty extension with no hassle and didn't even have to bring up the warranty. Just picked up my car once done and 12M02 was marked on the paperwork. Has probably been the best dealership experience I've had so far.

#6 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 410 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:12 AM

All the Dealer BS really points out why Tesla is selling cars direct.

#7 OFFLINE   coair73x

coair73x

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWashington DC
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-MAX Energi SEL 303a Glass Roof 2016 C-Max Energi SEL 302a Black

Posted Today, 08:56 AM

I just bough a 2016 C-Max Energi car fax shows this  

10/07/2016 Ford Motor Company Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Program

issued

Program #15N04 EMBEDDED MODEM

REPLACEMENT

Locate an authorized Ford or Lincoln Mercury

dealer or call 866-436-7332 to obtain more

information

So I will bring it back to a closer dealer to see what they say.  I did a master reset and I not able to connect with MFM. I was told by tech help to bring it to a dealer and unfortunately there might be s service charge. I bought the car yesterday and signed an agreement saying car had no open recalls. 

‚ÄčI also have another 2016 bought new off lot that sat there over a year. I am not sure if it was replaced in it or not. MFM works decent. 

I was also thinking before I do all this maybe do the Sync 3 software upgrade? Or Should I wait? I am on 1.0

Edited by coair73x, Today, 09:05 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·