Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

SYNC being dropped by Ford.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sporkinum

sporkinum

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationIllinois
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:15 PM

Just got this mail today. Looks like they are throwing in the towel on SYNC.

We want to let you know about this important change to your account. spacer.png Hi Jeff,

Ford has made the important decision to start phasing out SYNC® Services. Starting July 1st, 2017, the ability to purchase or renew a paid SYNC Services subscription will no longer be available. However, those with an active or complimentary subscription will still be able to use all the features of SYNC Services until their subscription expires or August 1st, 2018, whichever comes first. Regardless of subscription status, SYNC Services will no longer be available starting August 1st, 2018.

We'd like to thank you for being a part of the SYNC Services experience that we've brought to Ford customers over the years. Although SYNC Services is being phased out, owners can still take advantage of the many features available through SYNC, such as AppLink® for SYNC and SYNC 3,and other services offered by SiriusXM® Traffic and Travel Link®. If you aren't already aware of these features, click here to see what options are available for your specific vehicle.

For additional updates and to manage your subscription, please visit the SYNC Services page on the Owner website.

We appreciate you being a member of the Ford family and look forward to continuing to improve your experience!

Edited by sporkinum, 16 June 2017 - 01:16 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:01 AM

What does that mean exactly to us with Sync vs Sync 3?

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:08 AM

Applink would be fine and even preferred if they offered it for MFT. While I don't use services all that much, being able to actually send addresses to the car versus manually entering then has been a godsend. That has really been my only use for it.

#4 OFFLINE   sporkinum

sporkinum

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationIllinois
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

I could be wrong, but I think it is just the part that is like GM's Onstar. Where you actually call someone and they do something remote with your system. No one uses it anymore with ubiquitous cell phones.

#5 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 476 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:37 PM

I wonder about people who purchased cars with 3 years of Sync and now they are going to cut it off.  My wife has a Fusion that is just a year old and  she will be losing 1 year of service?

#6 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:13 AM

I'm not seeing anything about them getting rid of Sync.  This is Sync "SERVICES" which is a feature I never used or paid for or have.  It is like a few added features.  Copied from Ford's site:

Services is a subscription service available to owners with SYNC with MyFord Touch® that puts 411 Business Search, turn-by-turn directions, news, traffic, weather, sports, and more within reach of your voice.27,129

#7 OFFLINE   lucille

lucille

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

I'm not seeing anything about them getting rid of Sync.  This is Sync "SERVICES" which is a feature I never used or paid for or have.  It is like a few added features.  Copied from Ford's site:

Services is a subscription service available to owners with SYNC with MyFord Touch® that puts 411 Business Search, turn-by-turn directions, news, traffic, weather, sports, and more within reach of your voice.27,129

As Levi Smith stated above this is a discontinuation of only Sync Services but not of Sync itself. The following is a link to Ford's Owner site with their explanation:

https://owner.ford.c...c-services.html

#8 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:05 AM

Though, this does bring up an interesting question I had while traveling to Buffalo last week:

When I got near Buffalo I started seeing construction signs on my navigation system.  Do I have some sort of unknown to me complimentary SYNC services subscription(or XM subscription?) that is giving me construction data?

I'm assuming that would come from one of those 2 sources, right?  Well...  Actually it would seem like it would have to come over XM one way or the other since I would think this would be an option on other vehicles that don't have the cell modems built in and it hasn't asked for permission to use my phone for it...

They didn't bake this into the SD card, did they?  I can't imagine even they would build in outdata data, but then again they do like whacky stuff sometimes...

#9 OFFLINE   ls973800

ls973800

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 269 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:Replaced Ford Edge

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:07 PM

Though, this does bring up an interesting question I had while traveling to Buffalo last week:

When I got near Buffalo I started seeing construction signs on my navigation system.  Do I have some sort of unknown to me complimentary SYNC services subscription(or XM subscription?) that is giving me construction data?

I'm assuming that would come from one of those 2 sources, right?  Well...  Actually it would seem like it would have to come over XM one way or the other since I would think this would be an option on other vehicles that don't have the cell modems built in and it hasn't asked for permission to use my phone for it...

They didn't bake this into the SD card, did they?  I can't imagine even they would build in outdata data, but then again they do like whacky stuff sometimes...

My 2015 C-Max Energi came with free Travel Link from Sirius Radio which was good for 5 years.  I believe that feature also allowed construction sites to be seen.  My 2013 Ford Edge came with 3 years of free Sync Services but don't recall the Sirius feature or what was included for how long.

• Levi Smith likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·