Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

MFM Android App 30% of car missing?

android app mfm mfm updates hvb degredation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Cmax energi Oxford White 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

Anybody else seeing the upper 30% of their vehicle missing on Android MFM?

Maybe it is representative of the loss of HVB capacity specific to my vehicle 😉.

Does anybody miss the old interface that showed kWH used in each charge amoung other things such as the charge meter with time estimated mile and kWH increments while charging?

My guess is both were removed when Ford realized that MFM could be used to track the HVB battery degrading as the kWH spent per charge began to decrease. The change for me came when each charge was showing 4.3kWH to fully charge from 0.

Must have been around a year and a half ago when that information was removed from MFM? I don't remember the specific month.

Edited by altabrig, 23 May 2017 - 05:06 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,217 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:20 PM

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about?  You mean on your cell phone?

If you go on the computer you can see the kwh used in each trip.  Like the picture below...

What is missing sometimes is certain trips for no apparent reason.  In the picture below I charged the car at the Big-Y while getting a haircut today up to 41% an that's missing from this series of drive events.  Here is the next batch of trips showing charging at the Big-Y again...

-=>Raja.

Attached Files

Edited by rbort, 23 May 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

It used to show how much went in on a charge - not anymore. Now it just shows % of charge to full. Miss the kWH used in charging the HVB.

Still show how many kWH spent on a trip.

The Android application curs off the top of the car. It doesn't happen in chrome. Totally irrelevant, but curious if that is the norm with the app version if anyone else experiences the same.

More interested however if anyone else misses the kWH used per charge information that was removed from MFM?

#4 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,217 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:12 PM

They changed it.  I just opened the app on my i phone and now it says "Updating Raja's... on top with a bar showing progress.  That's new.

I don't remember the kwh used in charging, do you happen to have an old photo of it?

-=>Raja.

#5 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,217 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

Update not working on mine now, says update failed on the i phone...

But on the PC it works just fine, go figure.  Ford engineers are NOT when it comes to MFM...more like hackers.   :rant2:

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 23 May 2017 - 08:15 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

Yeah the most recent update has a new way of showing the status update. Mine update failed the first time yesterday as my car was charging and the cord faulted. I re-read the email car back in and it updated fine. I think it just failed to update the status as MFM does frequently. I did get a delayed alert about the charge fault. When my wife is driving the car in certain spot the updates fail routinely. I expect those are location specific where the modem in the car is not connecting to the network.

But for the kWH shown with each charge. Maybe it has been a couple years. I never took any MFM screen shots, but I should have.

#7 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:47 AM

I didn't start using MFM until April of 2014, but in the time I have used it, I do not believe it has ever shown kWh for Charging sessions, only for Driving sessions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·