Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 470 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Cmax energi Oxford White 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:40 AM

Well no response from Ford nor the dealership despite receiving certified mail in early June. The local BBB in Dearborn or Southfield MI has contacted Ford as well and still waiting a response.

I see from a related thread that this issue with the 12 volt ant the TCU is ongoing in some of the latest builds.

I am waiting a bit longer before going after the public review course of action. Anyone else who has been ripped off by a dealership for the same TSB, please post your experience here.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#102 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 470 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

Called Ford customer care. The told us they have people working on our case. Still no response after almost 7 weeks.

#103 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

Here is an update and hopefully an end to this time consuming and frustrating issue; Ford did the right thing and picked up the slack for the rotten dealership that overcharged us for the TSB which they did not perform correctly.

After I sent a letter in early June,  we called in late July.   Ford corporate responded the same day.  They had been working on our case and following up on our documentation.

They decided to reimburse for the scam job labor pricing and incompetent work by one dealer (basically a mile from home) and paid for the TSB (and new TCU) to be installed by another dealer 15 miles in heavy soCal traffic.   

The job was finished two weeks ago and we have had no 12 volt issues since.   I wanted to wait to post until we felt comfortable with the resolution.  We are crossing our fingers that the issue does not recur.    

At least FORD made a choice to back their product design issue and keep customer loyalty.   I hope no one else has to deal with a dealer who jacks pricing based on hours involved 250% over Ford hourly schedule for the TSB and then does not complete the service correctly for which they have grossly overcharged for more hours than necessary to perform the service.

I sure hope FORD has some recourse with the dealer for the incorrect work and unethical overbilling for too many hours.

I will re-state that this issue goes back to the build and all cars built before the 2013 date need a new TCU,  therefore it should be a recall or Ford provided TSB service as needed - gratis.  It is purely and software and TCU design issue which is obvious when you read the TSB.

Question?   How many of you would post your experience with the dealership on Yelp, Google, Edwards, or any available car dealership service rating site to spread the information to unsuspecting patrons looking for honest competent service?

#104 OFFLINE   Perry Knopp

Perry Knopp

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationWV
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:FOrd

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:25 PM

Post away.........it's what those services are there for. 

• cr08 likes this

#105 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:02 AM

Ditto. Post away. It's what they are there for. I posted a lengthy but concise review on mine on Google Maps after they came through like miracle workers on my APIM replacement.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical problems software, electrical problems, charging problems, 12v battery problems, software update, wiring problems, modules, charge cord problem, charger, charge fault -not charging

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·