Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Myfordmobile not synching with my car anymore

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   maryinredding

maryinredding

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationRedding
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

Since April 16th my app is not syncing with my car. I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling and it still remains the same. I called Ford for help and they said to pull a fuse that is located under my glove box. I was told if that didn't work I would have to take it in for a software update. I have already had my modem replaced. Have any of you experience this with your cars? I have never had a problem with the app sending me notifications of finished battery charging and the like until now. Also, how do I pull the fuse (what do I use to SAFELY pull it out)?

Thanks in advance for you help.

My car is a 2013.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 234 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:51 AM

The MyFordMobile team called me (I've been chatting back and forth for a while) and told me to get the dealer to install "SSM46534".  I have not done so (busy life), but we'll see.

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi 302a with Moonroof

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:38 AM

What is this SSM46534 all about?

-=>Raja.

#4 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:55 AM

She said that it was to address the Value Charge settings, which have been completely hosed since the modem upgrade.

#5 OFFLINE   paulus

paulus

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C Max Energi

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:00 AM

Am having the same problem: MyFord doesn't connect with the car anymore, even after the app-update of a few days ago (so now I have v 3.3.19); after getting off the phone with MyFord Mobile team, they told me to make an appointment with the local Ford dealer and give them that same SSM number (46534). 

I had my car (2014 C-Max Energi) in at the end of April to fix this problem; it worked for a few days, but then stopped again.
Keeping my fingers crossed, appointment is May 31.

#6 OFFLINE   paulus

paulus

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:14 AM

Well, car went in, they couldn't fix it, so the mechanic told me to delete the app from the phone, reload it, restart phone, resign into MuFord, add vehicle ESN number, and guess what, it still doesn't connect.

Called Titus Will Ford (Tacoma) back, talked to "Customer Service", she said she'd call back in a few minutes. Still waiting for that call; I suppose a few days of waiting is really a few minutes in terms of eternity.......

So after my experience with Titus Will Customer Disservice, I'm not sure what to do. I really would like to get this fixed.

Any suggestions out there?

#7 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:55 AM

Call back the MFM, and have THEM contact your dealer.

#8 OFFLINE   paulus

paulus

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:56 PM

Called the MFM, who had me look at the software version of the car (4.30.13171), and told me that I needed to make an appointment with the dealer to get my software updated. I did, had the appointment this afternoon; after two hours waiting they told me I needed a new module (mind you, this was the replacement, done sometime in December, after Ford sent out a letter that the 2G network was being faced out, and we could replace the module, free of charge). They also told me I would have to pay a copay of $100. Module should be in next week; I'm supposed to get a call when that happens.

Frustrating as hell......

#9 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:02 AM

IIRC, those original replacement modems back at the end of 2016 were also recalled.  I believe they jumped the  gun on the updated hardware, found an error with it, and replaced it with a new modem.  This NEW replacement Modem should be covered under the original Recall 15N04.  Bitch up a storm until they pay for it !

#10 OFFLINE   eglover

eglover

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPalo Alto
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Cmax Energi

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:23 AM

Hi - maybe someone here can help. My car had a dead secondary battery, after that my app stopped connecting to my car. I eventually brought my car in where they reset my modem (which was previously replaced). I had removed my car in my app and then could never add it back.

I never got the message in my car to allow it to be added back. What should I do? Should I bring my car back to the dealership?

I tried resetting the car console and that still didn't work. I deleted the car and tried to add again to my app.

The dealership claimed the modem reset seemed to work.

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·