Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Charging or Gas?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

On three trips, total of 4.2kWh.

That is about the same as I get out of the HVB. With hot weather setting in I am already eliminating afternoon charging and am going to no more than one charge a day. This weekend the high for the day is likely to hit 90ºf. Starting out to be another warm summer in NC.

Tom

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   JonC

JonC

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationTN
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

Not really applicable without further info. You could have bought a non plug in Prius and saved a ton if your previous car didn't do nearly as well mpg. You aren't going to save enough with current prices over plugging in versus not plugging in. You do it because it's a bit cleaner.

I don't buy new cars, I only buy used.  You just take too much of a hit on value on a new car for it to ever be worth it.  (Ok, sure, if I were filthy rich I'd buy a new Tesla, but only because I'd want the option of full self-driving when they finish the software and of course the Ludicrous mode.  But I'm not filthy rich, so that's not happening.)

A used 2013 Prius would have been more expensive than my 2013 C-Max, doesn't handle nearly as well, doesn't accelerate as well, isn't as comfortable, and I can't fuel it up in my driveway.  Literally the only thing on the plus side for the Prius was the digital speedometer, I hate the analog speedo in the C-Max.  If the cargo space hadn't been so much better in the C-Max, I'd have probably gotten a Volt just because of that.  The Prius wasn't even in the running because it's just too slow.  (10+ second 0-60 is not acceptable.)

The convenience of that driveway fueling would have been worth paying more for the car, it's a bonus that the car was actually less expensive than anything comparable.  Before last year, I was at the gas station a few times a week.  For the last year, it's been about once a month.

Cleaner is great.  But it's cheaper too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·