Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

second generation Cmax

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 439 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

I bought a new Lexus 4WD RX300 in 2000, loved that car but the horrendous gas mileage (~16-17 MPG) convinced me to get my 2013 CMax NRG.  My daughter begged to buy the RX300, and has enjoyed it for the past 4 years.  Last week she asked to test drive my Cmax to see how it handled, and yesterday she bought a 2014 Pearl White Cmax Hybrid.  So when she comes by we have the twins on the driveway!!!  The Energi didn't make sense for her driving and she needed more trunk space than battery pack, she's happy to be at ~39MPG and fill up bi-monthly instead of bi-weekly :) 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   NedB

NedB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationSyracuse NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cmax, 2005 FEH & 2007 Prius

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:36 PM

That's great! Glad she liked your car enough to pick up a Hybrid!

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,237 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

I would have given her my car and would have been the perfect excuse for me to get a new one with a nice fresh HVB...

Why?

A) My car (I'm talking about Rich's above) the HVB had gone bad. (less than 3.8KWH usable per charge)

B) She wanted a hybrid so this car would have been a perfect hybrid if she doesn't plug it in.

But Rich stopped me dead in my tracks by saying "she needed more trunk space"...

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 17 April 2017 - 03:50 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 439 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:54 AM

I would have given her my car and would have been the perfect excuse for me to get a new one with a nice fresh HVB...

Why?

A) My car (I'm talking about Rich's above) the HVB had gone bad. (less than 3.8KWH usable per charge)

B) She wanted a hybrid so this car would have been a perfect hybrid if she doesn't plug it in.

But Rich stopped me dead in my tracks by saying "she needed more trunk space"...

-=>Raja.

1. Even with the degraded battery, I'm still averaging 74MPG, so I would still enjoy my semi-hybrid and wouldn't be giving it away to get a new battery.  I have some (small) hope that the class action suit moves forward and FORD gives me that new battery.  But I have strong doubts that is happening anytime soon.  2. With a 4-year old son, my daughter does need the extra ~5 inches of cargo height for strollers, sports, etc.  3.  To me the funniest part of the story is she bought my 2000 Lexus, now once again drives the same model as me after being a passenger/test driver in it.  I think she madea great choice.  She is threatening to build a profile here on the forum and punk me  :hysterical3:

Edited by dontfret, 18 April 2017 - 07:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·