Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

myFordMobile no longer showing battery and tire pressure

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GlennR

GlennR

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationBrampton
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 2016

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

For the last week I've not been able to see the health of my battery or of my tire pressure indicators. I get these messages:

Tire pressure - messages.PCTXPC-MC-6_15
Battery - messages.PCTXPC-MC-6_14

Is anyone else seeing this?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi 302a with Moonroof

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:48 PM

Just checked mine, they are blank.  Forgot what it used to say but surely not blank.

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   NedB

NedB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSyracuse NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cmax, 2005 FEH & 2007 Prius

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:36 PM

Blank here too

#4 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

Yeah I think they used to say OK and/or a check mark.

The big question is, why ISN'T MFM being fixed with all these flaws after the modem changes?

-=>Raja.

#5 OFFLINE   nmorrisii

nmorrisii

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationWashington DC
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi Titanium

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:09 PM

I have a 2017.  

MFM on the web used to have "OK" for each, but on my iOS device it was blank from day 1.  

Just now, MFM on the web has switched to "Monitoring" in Mac OS Safari.  However, in Mac OS Google Chrome, it has the weird messages.PCTXPC-MC-6xx value displaying.

I just think web and native app developers are not parsing the data properly in the client code.

If I look at at the data loaded in the session in a web browser, I see...

"BATTERYHEALTH":"W_STATUS_GOOD","TIREPRESSURE":"W_STATUS_GOOD"  so it appears the backend info is correct.

On a related note.

I also turned off "Auto Update" in my account settings...  That seems to not switch my home charge profile on my car any longer magically on its own.

I think in a web browser, it doesn't read them in correctly, and when it does an auto update and overwrites what is there.  For example, my car has been set to "value charge" and but MFM on the web says it is "Charge Now" which is wrong.  With auto-update off, it doesn't flip it back, at least that is my theory.  

Edited by nmorrisii, 18 April 2017 - 05:16 PM.

• sporkinum likes this

#6 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:29 AM

I hate it when you guys bring stuff like this to my attention.  I'm just happy and naive thinking all is going swimmingly, then BAM.

On my C-Max, MFM reports

Odometer: correct miles

Battery System Health: blank

Tire Pressure: blank

On my Focus Electric, MFM reports

Battery Performance: blank

Maintenance: shows recommended mileage based maintenance

#7 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 613 posts
  • LocationNortheast Ohio

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:48 AM

I posted the same question to the SyncForum, and was about to send a message to the Ford IVT Team, but realized they have not been active on this site or the other in over a month.

http://fordcmaxenerg...33-fordivtteam/

#8 OFFLINE   GlennR

GlennR

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationBrampton
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 2016

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:05 AM

This morning I get a message which says "Monitoring" and "No warning lights active"  instead of the error message that I'd been getting. That's an improvement but it is different than it used to be.

#9 OFFLINE   Matt Bonnett

Matt Bonnett

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:56 AM

I hate it when you guys bring stuff like this to my attention.  I'm just happy and naive thinking all is going swimmingly, then BAM.

On my C-Max, MFM reports

On my Focus Electric, MFM reports

Battery Performance: blank

Maintenance: shows recommended mileage based maintenance

Right. I'm in the same situation. :p  MFM has been working flawlessly since my modem upgrade but seeing this has me bummed. Hoping when the free period ends and they start going to paid subscriptions it will give them more financial incentive to fix all these bugs.

Edited by Matt Bonnett, 18 April 2017 - 05:57 AM.

#10 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:13 AM

The truth of the matter is, I feel like Ford has no programmers and no idea how MFM works or can be fixed.

It was written for the car and worked perfectly originally, starting in 2013 when I got my car, but then slowly but surely things started failing.

1st thing was Ford tried to get rid of MPGe as people were complaining about numbers and when they hacked that from the 2014 cars MFM started to incorrectly report stuff, would say MPG for for MPGE and MPG where in the past it used to state what you selected from the car's dashboard.

Also in 2014 people complained about the the gas sipper stats, and Ford hired some programmer to change that to something that didn't make much sense, instead of being the best in the last 30 days (which it still states), now its forever and you can rack up 10000 miles if you don't use gas, but that wasn't the original intent of the program, it used to be within the last 30 days, and would be your best best tank you could do in that time frame.  I liked it better the way it originally was, it got hacksawed into something else that was half ass done, notice on that screen it still says last 30 days, like all the other categories, but this one is now forever as people didn't understand how it originally worked and complained.

3rd thing was the 2g modems being retired, and since then all new issues arose with value charging.  

The bottom line is that Ford has no idea how this all works, it was written originally and whomever made this program apparently is not around to maintain it.  They just perhaps bought the rights for it and now can't maintain it.  Since the 3G modem upgrade back in January, it remains severely broken with update failed every time you try to change / add or delete profiles.

I didn't even mention the forum issues,  that has been in and out of service and as of today it doesn't display properly when I opened it.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 18 April 2017 - 07:16 AM.

• RubyMax and sporkinum like this

#11 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 411 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:49 AM

Same here on phone, battery and tire pressure blank, on PC version just show 'monitoring.'  I assume a 12-volt battery warning may NOT be sent.  And that did say my butt in the past, got to charge before it went stone dead.  Anybody want to disconnect the 12V to see if the warning triggers?!?!

#12 OFFLINE   Matt Bonnett

Matt Bonnett

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:13 AM

Yeah. That is also one of my concerns as that is an amazing alert option to have. That and tire pressure. I was actually considering testing the tire pressure thing later today. Outright disconnecting the 12V battery will not work as the system will go completely dead. Putting enough of a drain on it to get it low but not dead may work however.

#13 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:17 AM

I was just noticing that I think they have been fixing things in MFM lately.  Yesterday I was able to reload all my go-times and set my value charge settings from the iOS app successfully.  The website and app seem to stay synced to the car in terms of Value Charge vs. Charge now.  The website reports monitoring for tire pressure and battery health and No Warning Lights active below, although these are and always have been blank in the app for me.  I also just tested and it now allows me to edit the default value charge profile from the website, which it hasn't allowed me to do in months. For me, MFM is now essentially fully functional and much improved relative to the way it was working shortly after the modem update.

#14 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 613 posts
  • LocationNortheast Ohio

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

Yep, just saw the "monitoring" message that was not there earlier today.

Somebody's doing Something.

#15 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

I'm hoping Ford finally gets someone who knows what they are doing to fix MFM.  I just logged into mine, the battery and tire stuff is still blank on the PC.  Not sure how it is on the iphone, let me check...

I tried to change one of my value charge profiles to charge now from value charge and its been "hung up" for a while sync pending.

On the Iphone they are both blank as well. Battery System Health and Tire Pressure...

Still sync pending for 4 minutes now.   After a couple more minutes, I finally got profiles have failed to sync.

-=>Raja.

#16 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 348 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

Raja, have you tried different browsers on the PC?  Ford stuff seems to like Microsoft's browsers :cry:, but it works fine for me on Firefox also.  I haven't checked Chrome lately.

I've never seen anything but blanks for tire pressure and battery health on the iPhone app.

Everything is working well for me, but I did, at MFM supports direction, go through the step of deleting my car from both MFM and owner.ford.com and re-adding it.  This did cause me to lose the history on my car, except for the acheivements. 

I'm just happy that everything works now.  I hope others don't have to lose their history to get their cars working properly again.

#17 OFFLINE   Matt Bonnett

Matt Bonnett

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:08 AM

Wow. That's actually very interesting but slightly annoying at the same time. Just logged in side by side in Chrome and IE and IE shows 'Monitoring' for battery and tire pressure and 'No Warning Lights Active'. Chrome has nothing for those. I've also ensured Adblock is off for MFM.com. Though I guess if it is just monitoring, and sounds like it will just alert when they pass a set threshold, and not showing the current readings it is fine either way.

#18 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

OK wow, just tried IE and it says monitoring instead of nothing and no warning lights below that.

Trying to change one of my profiles now to charge now and it says sync pending.  Waiting for this.

Took a few minutes but sync still failed.

-=>Raja.

#19 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 348 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:20 PM

Value charge profile sync failures is one of the problems I was having before I did the "super reset" process.  I hope there is a less nuclear option that gets it back working.

On mine I removed the car from my account with the factory reset / transfer ownership process (in my case I also did a master reset in the car because it didn't trigger remotely), then removed the car in owner.ford.com, added it back in to owner.ford.com, then added it back in to MFM with the double in-car notification 24 hrs apart.  This cleared all my value charge profiles both in the car and on MFM and corrected my sync problems, and changes to MFM in the last couple weeks fixed all the other flakiness.

#20 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 613 posts
  • LocationNortheast Ohio

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

A low tire pressure WILL show a red warning.
See attached.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·