Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Walgreens

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dwdwone

dwdwone

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2011 RAV 4

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:36 PM

I've started to see charging stations at Walgreens. Will these types of chargers work on a Cmax? Of course I doubt I could stand 2 1/2 hours in a Walgreens for a 16 mile charge but I am curious.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 381 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

They pulled out all the Chargers at the Walgreens in Denver they will work but are not free.

#3 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,608 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi 302a with Moonroof

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

Always had them here in my area, but I never ever charged there as they charge 49 cents a kwh to use them.  Instead they should install solar panels on top of walgreens (like the Big-Y supermarkets here) and offer charging for free.  Not only will the panels pay for themselves in a few years, but they will get more customers.  I do alot of my shopping at the big-y and I never go to Walgreens.  EV drivers go where the chargers are for business.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 10 April 2017 - 04:20 PM.

• miboje likes this

#4 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:31 AM

I've started to see charging stations at Walgreens. Will these types of chargers work on a Cmax? Of course I doubt I could stand 2 1/2 hours in a Walgreens for a 16 mile charge but I am curious.

Use plugshare.com to check out charger compatibilities; they list all of the different plugs available at all the stations they've heard about.

#5 OFFLINE   Perry Knopp

Perry Knopp

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationWV
  • Current Vehicle:FOrd

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:09 AM

They pulled out all the Chargers at the Walgreens in Denver they will work but are not free.

This is not a workable solution to the problem. They might as well not even bother. I'm not going to pay for 10 minutes worth of charge. Would I shop at Walgreens as opposed to the Drug store across the street if I could plug in while there? Yeah, I would. Would I make my choice of restaurants based upon whether I could plug in? Yes I would. 

I'm not sure what an hours worth of charge cost the restaurant. I'm sure it varies...........75 cents? That's less expensive than a buy one get one half price coupon.

#6 OFFLINE   dwdwone

dwdwone

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2011 RAV 4

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:32 AM

The signs here say it is free bit I've never usrd them. I was just wondering about incompatibility. I'd haye to use thr wrong charhing cablr and damage the car or battery

#7 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:13 AM

In general, if it can plug in, it'll work.  The onboard electronics only pull as much juice as the car can handle.

The (some?) ChargePoint pedestals will display the current draw; my Energi is generally pulling half as much as the Tesla or Volt next to it.

#8 OFFLINE   JonC

JonC

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationTN
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:39 PM

The signs here say it is free bit I've never usrd them. I was just wondering about incompatibility. I'd haye to use thr wrong charhing cablr and damage the car or battery

If you can physically plug it in, it's compatible.  If it's free, there's no reason not to if you're there anyway.

The Walgreens here do not have chargers, free or otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·