Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

How to Drive a CMAX Hybrid/Energi to get Great Gas Mileage

gas mileage mpgs fe

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,036 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted Yesterday, 06:00 PM

Raja, we been this way before and you're acting like you have never driven a Hybrid. Then again you could be just fooling me.

You're missing the point Paul, what I'm trying to say is that having the Energi allows you many more options than just having the subset car, the hybrid version of it.  Like I said before, you HAVE to start your engine every time you go out, but with the Energi you can do the same if you so choose (EV later or don't charge it up) or you can use battery to make reasonable trips out of the power of the sun without polluting the earth.   Check out my log below for today...home to the post office to mail some stuff, then to Natick mall to get some dinner, and back home.  All 100% EV.  That's the beauty of the Energi that you're so missing...  :( 

Trunk space is important to me too, and I like the higher deck as I usually transport my model helicopters on top of that deck and the height allows me to put my other luggage below the tail booms on top of the folded down seats.  That deck actually works in my favor  :smile2: 

TRUST ME 100% on this, I don't care about cornering speed maybe that's the only thing going for you, I'd rather go a little bit slower than lean into it as I'm driving a plug in hybrid not a sports car and don't care about acceleration, cornering at high speed or heavy braking.  You know well that with these cars the name of the game is full blue coach bars for maximum performance in the range department!!  I'll carry 250lbs any day to be able to go to Natick and come back without using a drop of fuel,  :victory: 

-=>Raja.

Attached Files

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#202 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted Today, 09:46 AM

You're missing the point Paul, what I'm trying to say is that having the Energi allows you many more options than just having the subset car, the hybrid version of it.  Like I said before, you HAVE to start your engine every time you go out (This is not true and you would know it if you had driven a Hybrid or maybe you forgot , I usually go .2 to 1 miles when I first start out depending on the SOC, The ICE almost never starts.) , but with the Energi you can do the same if you so choose (EV later or don't charge it up) or you can use battery to make reasonable trips out of the power of the sun without polluting the earth.   Check out my log below for today...home to the post office to mail some stuff, then to Natick mall to get some dinner, and back home.  All 100% EV.  That's the beauty of the Energi that you're so missing...  :( You could have gotten an all Electric Focus and not spent any money gas. :smile2: 

Trunk space is important to me too, and I like the higher deck as I usually transport my model helicopters on top of that deck and the height allows me to put my other luggage below the tail booms on top of the folded down seats.  That deck actually works in my favor  :smile2: Sounds like it works for you but I couldn't give up 10 cubic feet of cargo space.

TRUST ME 100% on this, I don't care about cornering speed maybe that's the only thing going for you, I'd rather go a little bit slower than lean into it as I'm driving a plug in hybrid not a sports car and don't care about acceleration, cornering at high speed or heavy braking.  You know well that with these cars the name of the game is full blue coach bars for maximum performance in the range department!!  I'll carry 250lbs any day to be able to go to Natick and come back without using a drop of fuel,  :victory: Some of us CMAX Hybrid Drivers like it because it is a sporty/Fun car to drive.  :smile2:  From what I've seen most CMAX owners bought their cars to save money on gas. :smile2: BTW I went to McD's to get  lunch which is .6 miles without the ICE starting and then made it half the way back before the ICE started.  SOC when from 49% to 38% so if I could started with 52% SOC I could have gone all the way without the ICE starting. :smile2:  This is so much fun. Using these numbers I would say My CMAX has an EV  range of about 3 miles. I'm thinking about away of testing it.

-=>Raja.

#203 OFFLINE   Joshg678

Joshg678

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationEarth
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:16 C-Max Hybrid SEL 302A

Posted Today, 01:08 PM

Sounds like it works for you but I couldn't give up 10 cubic feet of cargo space.

BTW I went to McD's to get  lunch which is .6 miles without the ICE starting and then made it half the way back before the ICE started.  SOC when from 49% to 38% so if I could started with 52% SOC I could have gone all the way without the ICE starting. :smile2:  This is so much fun. Using these numbers I would say My CMAX has an EV  range of about 3 miles. I'm thinking about away of testing it.

This was the same for me, the Cargo space was needed for my current life situation.

The Greatest distance on the battery (hybrid) I've driven is 2.1 miles.  I was at 60SOC, went down hill for about 1 mile of it and kept below 35 to keep the ice from turning on.  Stopped with 42SOC.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gas mileage, mpgs, fe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·