Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Tonight's EV only trip home.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NedB

NedB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationSyracuse NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cmax, 2005 FEH & 2007 Prius

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

I normally cannot plug-in at the office. Today however I said to hell with it and plugged in and charge my car up anyway. The boss isn't there on the weekend and my coworkers were all applauding that I could do that. I got up to 100% charge and it showed a nominal 17 mile range on the dash.

From the roughly 3 weeks that I have on the car I live 14.2 miles on my normal route to and from work. I thought today however that I would try a slightly different route with gentler Hills on route. Here are the results:

Attached File  IMG_9397.JPG   86.91KB   0 downloads

16.5 mile trip (back roads, however I could keep my speeds lower...)

Attached File  IMG_9398.JPG   95.92KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_9402.PNG   230.02KB   0 downloads

I'm three weeks into owning 'Buzz's Blu' and while I may still drive it like an ICE or 'regular' HV, I am definitely getting the appeal of the PHEV game.

Thanks for looking! Drive safe folks!

Attached Files

• bdginmo likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,723 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

That's pretty good!  I can still see some room for improvement can you look at your driving coach and see what the bars look like?  89 score is still low for EV only drive which looks like you might have gone a little slower on (guessing less than 45mph).

When you drive 100% EV, switch the display to MPGe instead of MPG.  Go into settings for the display and select fuel economy and from there select Gas and Electric instead of just gas or fuel only.  I'm saying these screens from memory, so the wording might be a little different.

So remember this:

For 100% EV, use MPGe, and the higher the number on your trips, the better your performance.

For a mix of gas and EV, use MPG which you have set now.  Whatever the number ends up to be is your effective MPG performance if you count electric miles as free miles which I certainly do as I charge everywhere and they are indeed free miles (don't pay for electric).

Right now you have 999 mpg which is what you will get if you use gas only setting on a 100% EV trip which is not very meaningful.  If you use gas and electric, you may have received 170mpge as a number which you can later compare yourself to with other like trips.

At 16.5 miles for 3.5kwh, you're batting 5 miles per kwh or on a total charge of a new battery you would expect to see about 27.5 miles range.  About 3kwh for that trip would be ideal if you can swing it, but depends on your driving, just letting you know its possible if your'e a perfectionist.  An example of this is to stop using the accelerator and soon as feasibly possible and being patient waiting for the car to coast to the stop sign instead of rushing there at full speed and trying to regen all the speed down to zero 100% successfully close to the last moment.  And if you're not getting 100% brake score (which you aren't from the MFM log) there goes your kwh usage and your effective range.

Anyway, very nice work indeed for being in the car for only 3 weeks, you're getting the hang of this!

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 02 April 2017 - 06:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·