Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Is Custom Profile Value Charging working for anyone after Modem Upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lucille

lucille

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:38 PM

Is the custom profile value charging profile working for anyone after their modem was upgraded to the Gen3 version?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 320 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:58 AM

Not me.  I had created a default charge profile, and had to remember to hit "charge now" on the console, and even with that, it occasionally stopped charging midway through because it thought it should be back on Value Charge.  I finally ripped out all vestiges of the default profile.

I've got the non-defaults (GPS has four locations somewhere near my house) all configured, but the location-based value charge just plain doesn't work anymore.  The MFM page correctly gives one of those locations, but it never waits to charge.

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,157 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:03 AM

Not only that, but I realized that I couldn't delete GO times from the app.  They would just come back from the dead.  This morning I powered up the car and deleted the Go time from the car, seems to be gone from the app now.  Hopefully it won't reincarnate itself next time I log into MFM.

-=>Raja.

#4 OFFLINE   nmorrisii

nmorrisii

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationWashington DC
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi Titanium

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:05 PM

I only have Home and Default defined.

Logging into MFM on the web sometimes flips my ChargeNow versus value charging, or it might be my imagination.

I even seen it flip to the ChargeNow, the car charges for 1 minute, and then it flips back to value charging , and correctly charges later at 12:00am.

I haven't done any testing to see if MFM iOS app does the same thing.  Next time, I'll hop in the value to see if the settings change back and forth there.

#5 OFFLINE   Gmdeacon

Gmdeacon

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

Here are my sets from my previous post:

So after waiting the 24 hours for My Ford Mobile I was able to recreate my home Value Charge.  Just to be safe I named it "New Home".  My compressed steps are below:

1. Delete the account in My Ford Mobile website.  Delete Phone app.
  2. Perform Master reset in the car to clear all data.
  3. Add car back in to my MFM account. 
  4. Accept confirmations in the car (Twice-24 hours apart)
  5. All charge locations, charge profiles, Nav locations etc. are gone
  6. Add back Value Change location on My Ford Mobile (you should now see the car and have access) and set charge times.  Just to be safe I rename home to be "New Home"

Everything now works.  Lifetime savings historical information are now deleted My Ford Mobile, but some Achievements remain (don't really care - I'm just happy to charge during Super Off Peak hours now)

Thanks to cwstnsko for the help!

#6 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:47 AM

I wonder if some subset of these steps are sufficient?

#7 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:06 AM

After going through an extensive reset that dropped all of my history with the car, mine works fine with Home and Work set to Value Charge and the default set to Charge Now.  The glitches I still see are: 1) If I open the website or app, it will show the car as set to Charge Now for all locations, if I don't toggle it back to Value Charge for Work and Home, it will switch the car to Charge Now for those locations.  2) I cannot edit the Default Value Charge profile from the website.

As long as I understand these things and how to deal with them, I am OK.  A slight wonky MFM still has more capability than I have seen from any other manufacturer. It seems like this is a huge opportunity for car makers to differentiate themselves, but most offer nothing more than a glorified remote start.  I'll keep watching the market for signs of progress.  If anyone has seen something cool that I'm not giving credit for, please share.  I will likely be in the market for something later this year.

Edited by cwstnsko, 03 April 2017 - 05:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·