Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Dealerships with eCVT Replacement Experience in Los Angeles/Orange County

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   EV_Future

EV_Future

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOrange County
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

A friend of mine recently bought a 2013 Ford C-Max Energi CPO with about 55k miles, and is hearing the strange droning noise frequently enough that it is concerning her and had me take a drive with her to listen (I heard it twice on light acceleration at speeds around 30mph).  I fear it may be the dreaded transmission problem reported by others on this forum.  Does anyone have experience getting the transmission replaced at a dealership in Southern California?  She would like a dealership mechanic to take a look, but preferably one already familiar with the problem to better diagnose it and also for their experience in case they need to replace it.  Thanks in advance!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

A friend of mine recently bought a 2013 Ford C-Max Energi CPO with about 55k miles, and is hearing the strange droning noise frequently enough that it is concerning her and had me take a drive with her to listen (I heard it twice on light acceleration at speeds around 30mph).  I fear it may be the dreaded transmission problem reported by others on this forum.  Does anyone have experience getting the transmission replaced at a dealership in Southern California?  She would like a dealership mechanic to take a look, but preferably one already familiar with the problem to better diagnose it and also for their experience in case they need to replace it.  Thanks in advance!

CPO? Doesn't that have a dealer warranty of some kind?

• miboje likes this

#3 OFFLINE   miboje

miboje

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 211 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPA
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi, Ford F-350 SD w/ 6.0 PSD

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

CPO? Doesn't that have a dealer warranty of some kind?

Oh yes it does have a warranty. It's a shame that this person just bought a CPO, which is SUPPOSED TO mean that a mechanic has gone over key points of the car and verified that there are no major flaws, so how can this possibly happen? I bought a CPO a few years back with transmission noise and came to find out that the transmission fluid was low, yet checking that fluid was on the service tech's CPO checklist. Hmmm.

Then my daughter bought a CPO several months back. Everything seemed fine with it, then as we were getting ready to leave the dealership there was a clicking noise when she turned on the heater. Hmmmm...How does this stuff get missed on a car supposedly thoroughly gone over car by a certified Ford mechanic? It certainly leads me to believe that the mechanics, in fact, are not going through the checklist, but rather simply putting in check marks on the list instead. What a shame.

#4 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 481 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:36 AM

Don't forget the CMAX does not have a dipstick for the transmission so they probably skip checking it.  Changing the tranny fluid is on my list for the fall I have 50K miles on my CMAX about 1/2 is highway 70+ MPH.

#5 OFFLINE   grege

grege

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationDC Metro Area
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Cmax Energi Titanium

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

Oh yes it does have a warranty. It's a shame that this person just bought a CPO, which is SUPPOSED TO mean that a mechanic has gone over key points of the car and verified that there are no major flaws, so how can this possibly happen? I bought a CPO a few years back with transmission noise and came to find out that the transmission fluid was low, yet checking that fluid was on the service tech's CPO checklist. Hmmm.

Then my daughter bought a CPO several months back. Everything seemed fine with it, then as we were getting ready to leave the dealership there was a clicking noise when she turned on the heater. Hmmmm...How does this stuff get missed on a car supposedly thoroughly gone over car by a certified Ford mechanic? It certainly leads me to believe that the mechanics, in fact, are not going through the checklist, but rather simply putting in check marks on the list instead. What a shame.

CPO cars are often only slightly better than non-CPO cars only because the service history is generally better known/documented.  It does not mean much beyond that because their "checklists" are otherwise meaningless and only convey a sense that things were looked at - many of which are not. Even new cars have PDIs (pre-delivery inspections) that miss many similar elements (e.g., low fluids, low tire pressure, fan noises, etc.) 

CPO added benefit is simply an intact warranty for a higher vehicle price.  

Greg

#6 OFFLINE   radiobrown

radiobrown

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationVA Beach Virginia
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2016 outback 98 BMW M5

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:57 AM

I can tell you that these checks that dealer does is done by a newer guy or girl. these do not pay well hour wise (service tech are not flat rate or hourly)

so a 200 point inspection something you may think takes 1.5 hours to do only pays .25 so the guy is going to rush it to beat it and get the net one so they keep getting money.

some of the job pay well... most do not

any cust work that is cover by say the dealer or the big company is rushed (not all the time) because it has a time limit that includes pay... go past it and your doing it on your own time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·