Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

"That's what the deputy said..."

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NedB

NedB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationSyracuse NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cmax, 2005 FEH & 2007 Prius

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

My wife was out with the Cmax this evening... and when she got home she told me she got pulled over by a sherrif's deputy. Fearing the worst I asked her; "how fast were you going?"

"25, it was in downtown chittenango..." was her reply.

"So why did he pull you over?"

"He couldn't identify the car"

"That's all?!?"

"He said he just wanted to know why it was silent when I drove by." Was her reply.

"He what?"

"That's what the deputy said; 'he had never seen one and wondered why it was so quiet.... ' I told him my husband's a geek and I don't know half of how this thing works!"

No ticket, just questions . I'm guessing she was in Auto and it was in EV when she drove by him. 😂

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:54 AM

That's a great story!

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,280 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

I always wondered when I will get pulled over due to EV use.  I came close one time, was driving in NH coming back late at night.  I decided to use the HVB I had charged up at Rountree Ford in Keene.  I passed by a police car going the other way at 38mph, speed limit was 50 or 55 mph.  He turned around and followed for for about 5 miles, all the way to Fitzwilliam.  I think he was wondering why I'm going so slow.  There was no-one on the road and I looked interesting, might have been drunk but I wasn't so 5 miles later he hit the brake and swung around quick going back the other way.

-=>Raja. 

#4 OFFLINE   patbob

patbob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationPNW
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:asdf

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

I'm glad the officer was interested in the CMax, but I just can't quite get over the abuse of power they demonstrated by pulling her over.

#5 OFFLINE   ISU_Cyclone

ISU_Cyclone

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMilwaukee
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Ford Explorer

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:16 AM

I can find a legal reason to pull over almost any car on the road. Not an abuse, just be glad he had a genuine interest in her car. Sometimes we say things like that to be friendly and make conversation. Heaven forbid we be personable

#6 OFFLINE   dicko

dicko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationWoodstock, IL
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:26 AM

Sadly, a silent car is a thing of the past.

http://www.theverge....destrian-safety

"The new rule requires all newly manufactured electric vehicles 10,000 pounds or less to make an audible noise when traveling forward or in reverse at speeds 19 mph or less. NHTSA says the sound alert is not required at higher speeds because other factors, such as tire and wind noise, “provide adequate audible warning to pedestrians.” It doesn’t explain what kind of alert automakers use, so whether it’s a fake engine noise or a “beeping” noise will be up the manufacturers of electric vehicles."

Personally, I vote to make the sound customizable.  Mine would be the Jetson's flying car sound.

• ptjones, stolenmoment and sporkinum like this

#7 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,280 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:44 AM

I can find a legal reason to pull over almost any car on the road.

Just out of curiosity, ISU, what sort of reasons can you use to just pull over anybody you wish?

-=>Raja.

• ISU_Cyclone likes this

#8 OFFLINE   ISU_Cyclone

ISU_Cyclone

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMilwaukee
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Ford Explorer

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

Equipment violations, usually. In my state, license plate brackets are illegal and I would say 95% of cars on the road have one, usually from the dealer. You can also run the registration for valid status, check for proper registration sticker placement, window tint, seatbelt, etc. It's not for "whatever you wish", it has to be a violation you observe and can articulate. Heck, go 5 over and risk getting stopped. But law enforcement have plenty of better things to be doing

#9 OFFLINE   NedB

NedB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSyracuse NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cmax, 2005 FEH & 2007 Prius

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

Equipment violations, usually. In my state, license plate brackets are illegal and I would say 95% of cars on the road have one, usually from the dealer. You can also run the registration for valid status, check for proper registration sticker placement, window tint, seatbelt, etc. It's not for "whatever you wish", it has to be a violation you observe and can articulate. Heck, go 5 over and risk getting stopped. But law enforcement have plenty of better things to be doing

The plate frames on my car lasted one day... thankfully the dealer didn't put a decal on as well.

Edited by NedB, 24 March 2017 - 01:30 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   nmorrisii

nmorrisii

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationWashington DC
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi Titanium

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

Ha. I just removed mine. Thanks for the info.

Here's a listing of the laws per state.

http://driversdontte...Cover_Laws.aspx

#11 OFFLINE   patbob

patbob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationPNW
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:asdf

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:24 PM

Sadly, a silent car is a thing of the past.

http://www.theverge....destrian-safety

"The new rule requires all newly manufactured electric vehicles 10,000 pounds or less to make an audible noise when traveling forward or in reverse at speeds 19 mph or less. ...” It doesn’t explain what kind of alert automakers use, so whether it’s a fake engine noise or a “beeping” noise will be up the manufacturers of electric vehicles."

Personally, I vote to make the sound customizable.  Mine would be the Jetson's flying car sound.

I am reminded of the short story Marching Morons (http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/51233)...

"The motor started like lighting a blowtorch as big as a silo. .. the car pulled out from the bay into the road with a great voo-ooo-ooom! ..." 

I love your choice on the sound.. if it has to make noise, at least it should be customizable (or easily hackable) so we can have some fun with it.

#12 OFFLINE   bdginmo

bdginmo

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:24 AM

I hate the license plate brackets anyway. I also remove the decals. The only time I've ever been pulled for something weird was when I was coming home from work late at night. I was 18 at the time. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, and I've never had a ticket or caused a wreck. The conversation went like this.

Officer: Do you know why I pulled you over?

Me: Did you mistake me for the guy just in front of me who didn't even slow down for the 4-way stop?

Officer: No, that really happened?

Me: Yep.

Officer: I didn't see that. I pulled you over because you were weaving in and out of the lines.

Me: The road just got paved and they haven't painted the lines yet.

Officer: OK, well carry on then.

Me: Thank you.

Edited by bdginmo, 25 March 2017 - 11:25 AM.

#13 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationKy between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-max Energi, Prius, Lexus

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:07 AM

Harley sound, "Loud pipes save lives".  /s

• ptjones likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·