Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Tradeoffs with Cancelling Sirius XM?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

Apple Music is not the same high quality that music in my Library with Apple Lossless Compression offers.  Agreed.

I'm wiling to live some sub-par audio quality when paying for a monthly music subscription service such as Sirius or Pandora or Apple Music, with their access to essentially any artist and song I want.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

Just as an FYI as you guys have brought up Apple Lossless. You can convert it over to WMA Lossless and load it up via USB and Sync/MFT will play it in all its high fidelity glory. If memory serves it will go all the way to 24 bit/192 khz. Other than WAV, that's the only lossless format Sync v1/v2 will handle. v3 finally adds FLAC support.

#23 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:49 AM

Apple Music is not the same high quality that music in my Library with Apple Lossless Compression offers.  Agreed.

I'm wiling to live some sub-par audio quality when paying for a monthly music subscription service such as Sirius or Pandora or Apple Music, with their access to essentially any artist and song I want.

Guess that shows two different approaches to music listening. You want to hear a particular song, and if it's a favorite, you can fill in the missing musical details for yourself. For me, if the instruments and voices sound true to life, I'll probably find something worthwhile in the music, no matter the song. 

What I've heard form Sirius so far is a harsh garble that I just can't get past. 

#24 OFFLINE   Perry Knopp

Perry Knopp

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationWV
  • Current Vehicle:FOrd

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:54 AM

Around 100 days since my last post. I still do not miss it. 

#25 OFFLINE   isara

isara

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

Someone earlier mentioned using a flash drive and the USB port for Music/TV Shows. I understand the Music part, but how to you listen to tv shows (mp4/avi) over a 2013 MFT?  Any info would be appreciated.

#26 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

Not going to happen at least with actual video files. Need to convert the audio portion to an actual audio file.

With the aux/video input you can do video and it should continue playing audio when in motion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·