Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

C-MAX HVB FOR HYBRID & ENERGI

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:44 AM

I've read claims to the contrary but I'd bet that given strict controls you would see very little differences.

I'm not sure what you mean. I believe I'm gaining 2 mpg at 70 mph and it would diminish down to only a little at 35 mph. So the faster you go the more Grill Covers help Aerodynamically.  On the Flip side the slower you go the more Grill Covers help to keep ICE WT up (operating temp 202-212*F) to make ICE more thermally  efficient. :smile2: At speeds less than 55mph the ICE WT never gets up to operating temps. :drop:   I keep my Grill Covers on pretty much all the time. The center one never comes off. The Lower Grill Cover  has 7 x 1.5" holes in lower Grill Cover towards Driver side in a row.with Velcro-ed LEXAN cover over it. Taking it off lowers WT about 7*F, taking lower Grill Cover off lowers it 15*F.  :smile2:  

Paul

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Perry Knopp

Perry Knopp

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationWV
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:FOrd

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:46 PM

I absolutely understand the concept about getting ICE temps up helping with mpg but I was told the question was concerning battery use. I just don't see it having much affect under controlled conditions there.

#23 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

I absolutely understand the concept about getting ICE temps up helping with mpg but I was told the question was concerning battery use. I just don't see it having much affect under controlled conditions there.

If you improve aerodynamics/drag it takes less battery to make the same amount work(speed), the faster you go the better the improvement. :smile2: Probably one mile farther anyways.

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·