Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Battery capacity -anyone below 4.0kwh per charge yet?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   David Burnett

David Burnett

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationflorida
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:energi

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

Thread for anyone who consistently gets <4kwh per charge.

I cannot tell yet because my modem died Jan 1. and now they are on back order.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Perry Knopp

Perry Knopp

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationWV
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:FOrd

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

2013 with 42k. I got 4.9 kwh this morning without the ICE kicking in. (it would have shortly)

#3 OFFLINE   bdginmo

bdginmo

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:45 PM

I've seen a couple of reports < 4.0 kwh. In lieu of using the trip log on MFM you can use one of your trip meters. They report kwh as well.

#4 OFFLINE   manddarran

manddarran

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:59 AM

I am at 3.7 kWh.  2013 54K

#5 OFFLINE   David Burnett

David Burnett

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Locationflorida
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:energi

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

I am at 3.7 kWh.  2013 54K

Did you call the class action lawyer yet?  They are getting serious as they requested that I overnight them my owners manual and warranty booklet.

#6 OFFLINE   GS Dave

GS Dave

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:58 AM

Can you help me understand when to determine the switch over point?  Is it when your miles in hits zero, when the bar changes to measure the hybrid battery, or when the engine kicks on?  I also get different amounts depending if I run it out all in one trip.  For example, I went to the market, a 6 mile round trip.  When I parked the car, it had 3 miles left...when I left the market I was in hybrid mode.

This AM, started with full battery, and got 3.8kw until miles read zero, did not hit hybrid battery yet, but I am sure when I go out to the car it will be in hybrid mode.  My car is a 2013 and has 70K miles.  I will run the test a few more times this week and run it all the way until the hybrid kicks on and report all three different measuring points.

Dave

#7 OFFLINE   bdginmo

bdginmo

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:12 AM

Can you help me understand when to determine the switch over point?  Is it when your miles in hits zero, when the bar changes to measure the hybrid battery, or when the engine kicks on?  I also get different amounts depending if I run it out all in one trip.  For example, I went to the market, a 6 mile round trip.  When I parked the car, it had 3 miles left...when I left the market I was in hybrid mode.

This AM, started with full battery, and got 3.8kw until miles read zero, did not hit hybrid battery yet, but I am sure when I go out to the car it will be in hybrid mode.  My car is a 2013 and has 70K miles.  I will run the test a few more times this week and run it all the way until the hybrid kicks on and report all three different measuring points.

Dave

I always ask people to record the kwh at the moment the vehicle switches to hybrid mode. This is because there are too many driver dependent variables regarding when the ICE actually turns on. I'd imagine rbort can frequent run the hybrid portion of the battery down to the minimum before the ICE kicks on whereas others stomp on the accelerator frequently enough that the ICE will kick on shortly after the switch to hybrid mode. It's just my way trying keep everyone on the same page and reduce the variables.

The switch to hybrid mode occurs when the battery meter switches from an empty 3D display to a full 2D display. The state of charge reading in the center console display will drop from 1% to 0% at about the same time.

It's normal for you to get a different result depending on whether you discharged the HVB in one trip or multiple trips. The problem with multiple trips is that there are more variations in the HVB temperature which affects the SoC calculation. I've seen a 5% or more difference in the SoC value between the end of trip A and the start of trip B without driving a foot all because I turned the car off which allows the HVB to cool.

To keep variables to a minimum I usually do the test when the ambient temperature is mild (65F-80F), draw down the HVB all in one trip, keep the HVAC off, and record the kwh at the moment the vehicle switches to hybrid mode. Following these rules will provide more consistent results and makes it easier to compare results between different drivers and different vehicles. Of course, there are just too many variables in play to get perfectly consistent results, but it's a step in the right direction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·